adrian

Selector arrays with page reference fields with AND, not OR

Hi everyone,

In a rush and using selector arrays for the first time :) and hoping someone can point me to an easy way to convert a mult-value page reference field into an AND selector.

This:

image.png.162e6ad6f026da5f72808218395e969a.png
is getting converted into:

"parent=1031, start=1, limit=6, sort=title, category=1111, amenities.title=Kitchen|Laundry, status<1024"

but of course I want:

"parent=1031, start=1, limit=6, sort=title, category=1111, amenities.title=Kitchen, amenities.title=Laundry, status<1024"

with each selected "amenities" option expanded out so it's AND and not OR.

Anyone done this with selector array?

A little OT, and I probably need to look over some history here as to why it's not available, but sometimes I think it would be nice if we could just do:

amenities.title=Kitchen&Laundry

Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

Does that mean a title equals Kitchen and Laundry at the same time? How would that be possible?

Just now, tpr said:

Does that mean a title equals Kitchen and Laundry at the same time? How would that be possible?

What I am looking for is pages that have the amenities page field with Kitchen & Laundry selected, not either, hence the AND, not OR.

Maybe my idea at the end doesn't make sense, but I am still looking to use the selector array to end up with the:

amenities.title=Kitchen, amenities.title=Laundry

which is logical.

Maybe it's not possible and I need to build up a selector string like I always have?

I see now, but I think the & in the selector would be misleading. As for the array syntax I can say nothing as I haven't used it so far. 

• Like 1

Ok, I ended up looking into it and from what I can tell the only way is to use the "regular arrays" option, rather than the associative approach.

This seems to work:

foreach($input->get->amenities as $amenity) {
      $selector[] = ['amenities.title', $amenity];
}

It gets converted to:

image.png.7cb77b4df78191103867fc0ae78a90c5.png

and the final selector ends up having this, which is what I need.

amenities.title=Kitchen, amenities.title=Laundry

Maybe this is the only way, but if anyone else has another solution, let me know. Otherwise, hope this helps someone else down the road,

• Like 6

15 hours ago, adrian said:

This:

image.png.162e6ad6f026da5f72808218395e969a.png
is getting converted into:

You didn't show us your original query code, just a Tracy output. How did your code look like?

2 hours ago, dragan said:

You didn't show us your original query code, just a Tracy output. How did your code look like?

$selector['amenities.title'] = $input->get->amenities;

It's not surprising it results in what it did, but I'd still like an associative array approach that worked.

27 minutes ago, noelboss said:

You could probably implode the array with 

, amenities.title= as glue.

Thanks @noelboss but not sure how that would work with an associative array because you need to reproduce "amenities.titles" for each value which would just override the previous one. But maybe I am misunderstanding your point?

Shouldn't it work like so;

$amenities = implode(', amenities.title=', $yourArray); // starts with a comma
// should result in ", amenities.title=$array[0], amenities.title=$array[1], amenities.title=$array[2]" …
$pages->find("parent=1031, start=1, limit=6, sort=title, category=1111 {$amenities}, status<1024");

I'm looking at the debug output where you have the array with the two titles… Or am I missing the point?

@noelboss - I think the issue that you might be missing is that I am using the selector array approach: https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.13-selector-upgrades-and-new-form-builder-version/#selector-engine-array-support

There is no issue doing what you are suggesting with the regular selector string approach, but the array approach is quite nice when you're building up a complex selector from user input.

• Like 1