[SOLVED] Only able to install modules via zip file upload

ryanC

Hi, I have created a new install of Processwire 3.0.98, (local machine) and I am unable to install any modules from within Processwire itself. I go to Modules/Site/Add New/ then under "Module Class Name" I enter the name. The module appears, I hit "Download and Install", but I always get an error. For example: 

"File could not be downloaded (https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/archive/master.zip) 2: fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version, 2: fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto, 2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://github.com:443 (Unknown error) (tried: curl, fopen, socket)"

I have been able to track down some of the modules and just upload the zip file manually, but this is happening with every module that I had previously installed in another installation with no problems. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Edited by ryanC
solved my issue

I had an issue on local sites recently where communication with the Google Maps geocoder was failing due to an SSL error.

The error message was a little different than what you are seeing, but it might be worth a shot.

Have a read of this article: http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/blog/index.php/2017/04/29/file-get-contents-ssl-operation-failed-with-code-1-ssl3-get-server-certificate-certificate-verify-failed

And follow the steps:

1. Download the cacert.pem file to some suitable permanent location
  2. Edit php.ini to set the path to the downloaded file, openssl.cafile=/path/to/cacert.pem
  3. Restart Apache

• Like 2