dimitrios

[Solved] Allow non superuser to create new pages in field of type Page Reference and input field type Page Auto Complete

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have created a field of type Page Reference and input field type Page Auto Complete, so that users of role 'writer' can add new tags to their articles. However, only a superuser can add new tags through the field, even though 'writer' roles have the permission to create  pages of template 'tag', and the permission to add children in the parent template. New tags in the Page Tree can be added normally. Is there something I am missing?

tags.jpg

Edited by dimitrios
Solved

8 hours ago, dimitrios said:

Is there something I am missing?

Not sure, but it's working for me with non-superuser roles.

Double-check that you have met all the requirements:

2018-04-12_174507.jpg.51ae0d98405671114f2e5f8cdf1953be.jpg

• Like 1

Hello,

I meet the requirements you mention, and the role in question has edit and create  page permissions on the corresponding pages and can add children under the parent. Are the above all you had to take care of, for the non superuser role to work properly?

Hello,

the issue has been resolved. To anyone facing the same problem, do NOT set permission 'page-edit-created' role-wide; instead, add it as an additional edit permission in each template relevant to the role.

Thank you

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guy Incognito
      Hi all. We've created a private log-in area for a client on their site that is restricted on a roles basis. Is there a simple solution available to let them upload files to a file field and then choose individual users that can access individual files?
      Does that make sense?!... it's hard to search for answers to this as all results pertain to server file permissions.

• By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      I wonder if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction. I need to restrict the superuser role to overall administrators of a group of sites, but provide role and permission administration for the administrators of the individual sites. My searches unearthed the following thread:
      However, after having already created the sitemanager role and given site administrators the user-admin permission and having then created the role-admin permission and assigned that to the sitemanager role, the users with sitemanager permissions are able to see the Roles item under the Access menu of the backend but no submenu is displayed showing the Add Role option or any of the roles that the administrator should have access to. My intention is that the individual site adminstrators should have access to assign the guest and sitemanager roles (but not edit them) and be able to create roles with privileges beneath that of sitemanager.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• By joe_ma
      On a new pw 3.0.89 installation of mine I've got a problem with role permissions. The setup is like this:
      Templates: home, basic-page, text-only, folder
      All of these have no restrictions in the "family" section and all of them have the same access definitions (see edit-template.jpg below)
      There is a role "redaktor" that has permission to edit, add, delete, move and also clone pages (see permissions.jpg below).
      Now, when logged in as a user with this role, I can only choose from basic-page and folder. The text-only template is not available.