How do I make ProcessWire display the 404 "page not found" page?

ryan

12 hours ago, CalleRosa40 said:

I put the declarations into separate files for better overview (_init.php would get rather lengthy if I didn't)

I'm surprised you have so many template variables to declare. You might like to take a look at Markup Regions because that should greatly reduce the number of variables you need to hold markup.

12 hours ago, CalleRosa40 said:

Here's the the essential part of my _init.php (which is automatically prepended to all my template files):

include_once('_func.php');
include_once('_header.php');
include_once('_sidebar.php');
include_once('_footer.php');
include_once('_buttons.php');

Does the below work? (P.S. parentheses are redundant for include, include_once, etc because they are expressions rather than functions)

include_once './_func.php';
include './_header.php';
include './_sidebar.php';
include './_footer.php';
include './_buttons.php';

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Robin S said:

P.S. parentheses are redundant for include, include_once, etc because they are expressions rather than functions

Thanks for making me aware of something that I've done wrong for about 20 years ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2022 at 10:28 PM, Robin S said:

I'm surprised you have so many template variables to declare. You might like to take a look at Markup Regions because that should greatly reduce the number of variables you need to hold markup.

It's not the number of variables that makes my code lengthy but rather the amount of (conditional) HTML I have to put inside them. Thanks anyway!