Catchable fatal error: session_regenerate_id()

Hi everyone

I've hit an error i can't seem to find a solution for. I build this website (www.petervigh.com) last year with processwire, and this week this error started showing up when my client tried to login:

Catchable fatal error: session_regenerate_id(): Failed to create(read) session ID: memcached (path: nfs01.cl2000.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net:11211) in /srv/psa03/petervigh.com/httpdocs/wire/core/Session.php on line 728

Recoverable Fatal Error: session_regenerate_id(): Failed to create(read) session ID: memcached (path: nfs01.cl2000.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net:11211) (line 728 of /srv/psa03/petervigh.com/httpdocs/wire/core/Session.php) 

The site has been up and running for many months and i have done no maintenance or updates on it since it went live and has been working flawless so far. 

I've had no luck with googling this error, and I've no idea how to go about this.

This is my first time posting on this wonderful forum that has proven a very valuable source of troubleshooting since i started working with processwire a year ago. :)

hope to receive some valuable tips and bear with me for my less than great knowledge of php in general

Jonathan 

The error message reads like Memcached session handler is either unable to reach the server nfs01.cl2000.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net  or to read from it. If you're on shared hosting, you should probably forward the error to your provider and let them take a look.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hey BitPoet... sorry for not responding but for some reason this reply box disappeared for a while, and i forwarded the problem to the host and then sort of went on holiday and forgot all about it 

Unfortunately they don't seem to have fixed the issue yet.

anyway.. just wanted to be a good sport and acknowledge your kind help :)