CKE Firefox and Backspace

Klenkes

This morning a client contacted me with a strange problem. At first I couldn't reproduce it because I use Chrome but then I realized that it only affects Firefox and CKE fields.

If you type some text and then press SHIFT+ENTER to insert a <br> then wirte some text in the second line and then place the cursor at the start of the second line and hit backspace, the cursor jumps to the wrong position. The clients content editors are extremely frustrated by this because they have to search for the cursor :P

I can reproduce this behavior in almost all PW versions, even a clean install witout any CKE plugins.

This whole behavior seems somehow familiar, like I have heard it before, but I can't remenber...

cke-ff-problem.jpg.fa56080a8a29e1d29c4e80ad74a10455.jpg

Anyone knows a solution except using Chrome?

Just tried it one more time and I see the same behavior as yours, that's strange. Tried to find something similar in the issues list, with no luck, so just open the new one.

As you know...

There is always Ctrl + Z to undo Shift + Enter.

And placing the cursor at the end of the former line and pressing Delete. (Is the cursor also not where it should be?)

If there is no other solution...

NB: yesterday I tried to center an image with a style that centered the paragraph. It always made the image disappear.
Clicking on Source, I saw that something was not normal, and that helped me resolve the problem.
WYSIWYG editors can sometimes nest tags strangely, etc.
But yours seems to be another kind of issue.

Edited by Christophe

12 hours ago, Zeka said:

Just tried it one more time and I see the same behavior as yours, that's strange. Tried to find something similar in the issues list, with no luck, so just open the new one.

Thanks. I didn't find anything either. I will file a new one.

5 hours ago, Christophe said:

There is always Ctrl + Z to undo Shift + Enter.

And placing the cursor at the end of the former line and pressing Delete. (Is the cursor also not where it should be?)

There are a few ways to avoid the error but for now I recommended to use Chrome instead of FF. These are professional texters and they are used to work in a certain way(we all know the feeling). But they will have to adapt for now.

Thanks for testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klenkes said:

I know. But the content editors are women in their end thirties and who am I to argue with them? I don't have a death wish :lol:

did LOL

I have tested this now with FF 58.0.2, Windows 8, and almost the latest PW version (CKEditor field inside a repeater matrix, multilang-setup).

I tried placing the cursor at the start of the 2nd line with the home button, with my mouse, and with going back using the arrow-left button. The cursor is exactly where it's supposed to be.

Perhaps you should also mention what kind of CKE setup / config you have, to narrow it down.

13 hours ago, dragan said:

I have tested this now with FF 58.0.2, ...

FF 58? That's interesting! The "girls" said that the problem started about 10-14 days ago. Perhap the problem was introduced to FF with V 59?

13 hours ago, dragan said:

Perhaps you should also mention what kind of CKE setup / config you have, to narrow it down.

Doesn't matter. It also happens on CKE's own demo. https://ckeditor.com/ckeditor-4/

• Like 1