Hello,i  am new here. A hour ago i bought a vps and i want  to make a website about movies.

- a home page

- a movie page with title, description,  trailer ,year and actors

-categories, tags 

- a complex search page by name,tags,year and acts

- posts, latest news (about site)

It's already to much :D

I leave wordpress,from my needs it's very complicated. So,minimal speaking, i can do that with this cms,and which is the steps? I don't know yet how this work.Thank you,and sorry for my eng.

Screenshot_20180330-231735.png

Hello and welcome to the forums!

You can certainly make a website like you describe with ProcessWire.  Have you checked the documentation?

https://processwire.com/docs/

Good article as an introduction:

https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/07/the-aesthetic-of-non-opinionated-content-management-a-beginners-guide-to-processwire/

About categorization (which seems to be one of the important part for your site):

Your first steps could go into creating templates (eg movie template) and create and add fields to it like, images, director, etc. 

• Like 4

hi @bystefu and welcome to the forum!

elabx linked to great resources. However, I would highly recommend you walk through the https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/hello-worlds/ tutorial step by step. Not only reading. Really doing and following step by step. This will show you the basics of processwire: How you create templates, how you put fields there, how you create pages and finally how you display them on the frontend.

I wish you good luck and hope you enjoy the journey :)

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      So I have been hard at work creating url segments for a template (api) and everything is working swimmingly in creating a simple end point for svelte.js. I have however, run into a few questions that I can wrap my head around.
      In my api template I have:
      if($input->urlSegment1 === 'clients') { header('Content-Type: application/json'); $clients = $pages->find("template=clients"); $client_array = array(); foreach ($clients as $client) { $id = $client->id; $title = $client->title; $url = $client->url; $clientName = $client->client_name; $clientColor = $client->client_color->value; $assigned = $client->assigned_to->user_full_name; $client_array[] = array( 'id' => $id, 'code' => $title, 'name' => $clientName, 'associated_users' => $assigned, 'url' => $url ); } $client_json = json_encode($client_array, true); echo $client_json; } The output json from this is:
      [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was curious is it possible to add in "clients" before this output json so it would appear as 
      clients: [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was not really sure of how to tackle this in my php code, and have spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure it out. Another question I have is that "associated_users" is returning null, which in this instance is correct. It is a multi page field that is set to pull a custom name field from the users template, ie "Louis Stephens" would be associated with the first page. I understand that I need to use a foreach to get the correct data, but I was really unsure of how to place this inside an array, or update the array with the new data. Any help with any of this would greatly be appreciated.
    • By Noel Boss
      👋 PW Pros…
      I have some hooks that I need to bind at the init phase (or even __construct) and I was wondering, and I couldn't find a good and simple way to determine if I'm in the admin. Would be nice if there is a reliable short option to do so, but I can't seem to find one… Is there a coherent way to tell this no matter where I am?
      Right now, I use the following method inside one of my modules:
      public function isAdmin($page = null) { if ( strpos($this->input->url, $this->urls->admin) !== false || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageList || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageEdit || ($page instanceof Page && $page->rootParent->id == $this->config->adminRootPageID) ) { return true; } return false; } @ryan wouldn't it be nice to have something like wire()->isAdmin(); like wire()->user->isLoggedin(); to tell if we are in admin – very early on (probably even in __construct() phase of modules?
    • By Mithlesh
      Changing it to null
    • By Mithlesh
      Hi, I have one URL - writerrelocations.com/contact-now/

I have one issue where my header Image is appearing again after the contact form, for your reference:

I have checked my processwire template section where have not added any Image field besides Header Image, attaching the same for the reference:

PLEASE help me to get rid of the image below contact form

Waiting for the swift response!

Thanks