Hubspot API (or other CRM)

Peter Knight

Never used it myself. But with the CRM we use (also cloud / SaaS solution), the API proved to be absolutely useless when it comes to search. I wanted to use the API to check if a contact/customer/lead already exists from within PW, and then either select one, or create a new one and save it from PW also in the CRM via API calls. That part of their API just proved to be unreliable.

So, if you have an existing set of clients/leads/customers, I would first of all check how well the search / query functionality delivers (speed, accuracy etc.).

Sorry, not much help with concrete infos about Hubspot, but just a hint what to look out for if you take a test-run.

• Like 2

I've got a dashboard app that uses Hubspot API to pull client info for a given domain name. I can share this with you. Our usage is very vertical but it will give you some sort of a start.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Old Post but.. Any news since 2018 on this? 

I have an upcoming client which say that they need to run WP because of Hubspot CRM integration... I haven't been given any further clues though about exactly why though yet.. Anyone using it or similar? ?

10 hours ago, jonatan said:

Old Post but.. Any news since 2018 on this? 

I have an upcoming client which say that they need to run WP because of Hubspot CRM integration... I haven't been given any further clues though about exactly why though yet.. Anyone using it or similar? ?

Probably due to some plug in they believe they need.

My own client never signed up to HubSpot in the end.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Peter Knight said:

Probably due to some plug in they believe they need.

My own client never signed up to HubSpot in the end.

Really interesting @Peter Knight!

Yup I think it's due to this https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/install-the-hubspot-wordpress-plugin    https://wordpress.org/plugins/leadin/
The official 
WordPress Hubspot plugin. 

It does kinda seem though from the features list that it's mostly just a Hubspot dashboard in Wordpress.. :

I guess that they could probably just do it all using the native Hubspot admin.. Maybe I can convince them to go PW and not WP ?

Do you know what CRM solution they ended up using? ?

25 minutes ago, jonatan said:

Do you know what CRM solution they ended up using? ?

They ended up using SugarCRM as the cost of HubSpot was too expensive. But they never used the SugarCRM API (if there is one) so it was just a stand alone service with no real website integration. Sure, the webforms went into their SugarCRM database but it was a PITA and client regretted using SugarCRM too. The UX/UI was pretty poor.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just fallen in love with Hubspot (small team so the bundle for more features just for 2 users is worth it, especially since it's discounted for 12 months at the mo).

Looking at all the API possibilities - we use RingCentral - that plugs in with a few clicks, can hook Formbuilder form submissions in with very little work, all the social media channels we're setting up right now get linked in including Facebook chat for our new page etc etc.

Actually quite excited.

But yeah the pricing gets out of hand quickly for larger teams or more contacts when you need over 1,000 on one of the paid plans. It's not without its costs (I want to say hidden costs, but they just require some reading to find) but the way I'm looking at it at the moment when I need to go above the starter packages I should be able to afford it. Hopefully ?

• Like 2