Apache mod_rewrite problem at install

Alex

Hi,

I am trying to install processwire in a subfolder, getting the following messages on the install page:

• Unable to determine if Apache mod_rewrite (required by ProcessWire) is installed. On some servers, we may not be able to detect it until your .htaccess file is place. Please click the 'check again' button at the bottom of this screen, if you haven't already.
  • Unable to determine server software. It may be okay to continue, but note that ProcessWire is only developed for Apache at present.

The web host has changed the server from Zeus to Litespeed but i still get the same messages.

Have had a look around the forums and a few mentions of ammending the .htaccess file but I don't really know my way around that area.

Alex

Did ProcessWire install succesfully anyway or was there a problem (in addition to it complaining about mod_rewrite and server software?)

There have been at least two mentions of PW being installed on LiteSpeed here at the forum and in those cases everything seemed to work. You can view discussion about this topic and related tests here: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/1212-processwire-on-litespeed-web-server/.

If install goes smoothly and everything seems to work (see tests at aforementioned thread), there's probably no reason to worry -- it's only natural that PW complains a bit about these when it's not installed on standard Apache configuration :)

Solved now...

I clicked through it, entered my database info then got this message:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

found a post on stack overflow about it here

which talked about replacing 'localhost' with the hostname of the machine where the SQL server resides, which I found somehow via my host control panel and it has worked.

I don't remember having to enter this on previous processwire installs with other hosts.

thanks guys

hey am I able to set this post as 'solved' – I have never worked out how to do that?

Alex