Yet Another Blog Profile: Editorial

BitPoet

Since all good things come in threes, here's another responsive blog profile for PW3:

Editorial Travel Blog Template

Like the previous two, it builds upon @kongondo's Blog module and uses @justb3a's Simple Contact Form. It also makes use of @Pete's XML Sitemap and @ukyo's Font Icon Picker.

Features:

• Responsive
  • Slide-in sidebar
  • Homepage with picks and last posts, 3-column layout
  • Selectable widgets, e.g.:
    • Recent posts
    • Recent comments
    • Current month calendar with links to posts per day
  • User-switchable sort order for lists (ascending/descending)
  • Configurable list pagination

An online demonstration can be found here.

editorial-home.thumb.jpg.2f4820cbf7b66a664b36471f2199527b.jpg

And again: all feedback is welcome!

:)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dragan said:

you're on a roll

Hehe. The yearly hey fever :'(hit me over my holiday week, so I could

• a) dose myself up with that anti-allergy stuff that makes me too tired to do anything (including going out) or
  • b) stay inside without drugs and find the time to spend a few hours every day doing fun things on my computer

Choosing b wasn't difficult. The lacking choice of nice blogging templates in PW was something that has been nagging me for quite a while, so this was the perfect opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Sergio said:

It will be useful to a lot of people, especially beginners.

I do hope so! :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BitPoet said:

Since all good things come in threes, ...

After reading this, I looked into your github page and found out that you also converted the strongly typed template. One month ago, I picked up three themes from HTML5up as starting points for low budget or honorary projects: The "Editorial", the "Strongly Typed" and the "Phantom" = 66% accordance :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, horst said:

One month ago, I picked up three themes from HTML5up as starting points for low budget or honorary projects: The "Editorial", the "Strongly Typed" and the "Phantom" = 66% accordance :)

Great minds think alike :)

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Hi.

I'm very new here, know some little things but sometimes have no idea to go further so I need a little help.

I want to use the blog module "Editorial Responsive Blog Profile".

The problem is I can't install it.

In instructions it say that I must put it in:

"Instructions

This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/EditorialResponsiveBlogProfile/"

I put them there but can't start the installation process.

on install tutorial it say also " Download a zipped copy of this repository and extract the site-blog-editorial folder into the ProcessWire installation's root folder. "

Do I put it in /public_html ?

I have also site and wire folders. I put it in site/modules ?

I've tried in many locations  and also tried the direct link http://....../site/modules/site-blog-editorial/ ;  http://....../site/site-blog-editorial/, http://....../site-blog-editorial/ to start installation but no luck.

I've tried also to install using module installation upload form but nothing happens.

Any ideas ?

It's about permissions ? Must be 777 ? Now they are 755. (no write for public and group)

Thank you

I put it in site/modules ?

This is not a module but a site install profile

The instructions are in the README.md file inside the pw-profile-editorial-master.zip
=============================================================================================================
This is a complete ProcessWire site profile.

It requires ProcessWire version >= 3.0.82.

To install it, download a fresh copy of ProcessWire from https://processwire.com/download/
and extract it into your web server folder (either root or a subdirectory, though don't forget
to edit your .htaccess after installation in the latter case).

Download a zipped copy of this repository https://github.com/BitPoet/pw-profile-editorial/archive/master.zip
and extract the site-blog-editorial folder into the ProcessWire installation's root folder.

Point your web browser at the url of your installation and follow the wizard.
Select "Strongly Typed Travel Blog Template (Responsive)" when prompted to select a profile.

=============================================================================================================

Long story short:  simply add this blog profile to the other install profiles before you install processwire.
                                when you start to install processwire select this blog profile

ClipBoard-3.jpg.0a5413e01384849536f7ca0ad59afe9c.jpg

You select it by renaming the folder "site-blog-editorial" to "site". (The other site profile folders you may delete.)

You are confusing Processwire beginners. They should know that Processwire automatically renames the selected installation profile to "site"
and automatically removes the unused profiles.

test3.gif.b53a8b8b8180de6d523a3b68f03950f2.gif

2 hours ago, pwired said:

You are confusing Processwire beginners.

That was not my intension, sorry.

2 hours ago, pwired said:

They should know that Processwire automatically renames the selected installation profile to "site"
and automatically removes the unused profiles.

I never saw it like that - I always had to remove the unused profiles manually.

• Like 1

It both depends on how a server environment is setup. Especially if the PHP running user has write access to these files and directories. 

So, if you already know that the PHP user has no write access, you can do this before you start the installation process. If you don't know this, you can run the installation process and PW will tell you about the situation and guide you through the manually needed tasks. (Namly: select your drsired site profile or rename it to "site", delete the unused profiles, and also delete the install.php file after finished the process". 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 12:09 AM, BitPoet said:

Since all good things come in threes, here's another responsive blog profile for PW3:

Editorial Travel Blog Template

Like the previous two, it builds upon @kongondo's Blog module and uses @justb3a's Simple Contact Form. It also makes use of @Pete's XML Sitemap and @ukyo's Font Icon Picker.

Features:

• Responsive
  • Slide-in sidebar
  • Homepage with picks and last posts, 3-column layout
  • Selectable widgets, e.g.:
    • Recent posts
    • Recent comments
    • Current month calendar with links to posts per day
  • User-switchable sort order for lists (ascending/descending)
  • Configurable list pagination

An online demonstration can be found here.

editorial-home.thumb.jpg.2f4820cbf7b66a664b36471f2199527b.jpg

And again: all feedback is welcome!

:)

Hello @BitPoet

I have a simple web magazine / News magazine project in hand, I have done the design work and was doing some PW basic setup. It seems to me your blog would fit with my requirement, I shall try, extend it and will give you the feedback soon.

thank you

• Like 1