neosin

installation step 4 missing or not working

During the install process I can never get to Step 4 for setting up an admin account.

It creates the database and in the screen it shows it installed the database and imported the SQL

and under that it shows "Profile Import" but nothing else.

I have the same result with master & dev branch.

I looked in the database and do not see a user table of any kind, unless it has some other name than "users"

Hi @neosin

Are there errors in PW and server logs? 

There is the similar thread

• Like 2

thanks, it seems that same issue was never resolved.

I guess I am out of luck trying to test this locally

What's your environment like? If you're on xampp, check the logs for clues or maybe try laragon. I find it easier to work with and haven't had problems with the last few (10+) machines that I had to install/setup ProcessWire on.

• Like 1

I managed to resolve the installation issue by installing on a windows machine with no ACL. Now the installation went just fine.

weird!

thank you for your time

What do you mean by "windows machine with no ACL"?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By godmok
      Hi everyone,
      I can't get my head around this, so maybe someone can help: I want to know how install the dev branch of processwire with composer.
      I use laragon and the "quick create" function and there you can run composer like this: "composer create-project processwire/processwire %s". OK, this is working, so I will get the master branch from it, but how about dev? I found some examples for laravel on this question, but no luck with it. Here some examples:
      composer create-project processwire/processwire %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev-master %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev-branch %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev composer create-project processwire/processwire:@dev %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev and so on... Maybe someone got this already and would like to share?
    • By devlisa
      Hello. I'm not new to Processwire (I've been using it on a Mac environment for multiple site builds), but I am new to installing it on a Windows environment. I have unsuccessfully installed Processwire 3.0.62 both via downloaded zip file and GitHub on my Windows machine. The Site Installation Profile and Compatibility Checks are successful, and I am able to get past the MySql Database screen. However, this is where the installation process stops (step 3). The Test Database and Save Configuration screen says my database connection was successful and the configuration was saved to ./site/config.php and that's it, but I know from my ProcessWire experience I should also see fields for setting up the admin login etc. on this screen. I can't go any further after this. I've redone this process multiple times. I am running XAMPP, if that helps. Any clue what could be stopping the installation process?
    • By rushy
      Hello
      I've got off to a bad start trying to install PW on my local offline server, I must be doing something wrong as I have a bit of experience with Wordpress and it's running fine on my server, but I like the look of PW and hope to try it. Anyway I downloaded and unzipped the PW installation, the installation seemed to go right through ok, everything passed on the check lists. I selected the Default profile, and then when I try to click on Admin access or view the site I get "Not Found - The requested URL /processwire-master/about/ was not found on this server. Apache/2.4.10 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80"   Simply because the /about folder does not exist! It seems the profile has not been installed by the installation process despite everything else being ok? If I type localhost/processwire-master in the browser I get the Minimal Site Profile  "What is ProcessWire?" page but the links work "About" & "Site Map" don't work as the folders are not there. Bit confused as to why this is missing.
      Please put me out of my misery if it's something obvious I am doing / not doing!
      Many thanks - rushy

• By Chamche
      I have successfully installed the processwire files to my servers. you can see my files on the server. But I can't start the installer from browsers you can see the screen shot. any help to solve my simple challenge will be appreciated. 

• By Chamche
      I know it is not new issue. But I am exhausted installing processwire. I see two htaccess files on my servers as attached. How can I processed.