benbyf

stuck redirecting url after login

Sure this has been asked a million times but cant find a simple answer.

Trying to set the page to redirect to after login in the front end - i.e. not on the admin login page.

some reason this works for super users but not normal users redirecting to a page which is viewable by members not guest role users.

$showLoginError = false;
    if($input->post->user && $input->post->pass) {
    	$username = $sanitizer->username($input->post->user);
    	$pass = $input->post->pass;

try {

$session->login($username, $pass);

// redirect user
			$session->redirect("/events/");

} catch (\Exception $e) {
            $showLoginError = true;
        }
    }

But what happens with the normal users?

Can normal users view the page "/events/" ? Is the url correct? Can you get the url by API instead?

In my _init.php file, the first thing I include is _login.php:

<?php

// Handle logouts
if(isset($input->get->logout)) {
    $session->logout();
    $session->redirect($page->path);
}

// If they aren't logged in, then show the login form
if(!$user->isLoggedin()) {

// check for login before outputting markup
    if($input->post->user && $input->post->pass) {

$user = $sanitizer->username($input->post->user);
        $pass = $input->post->pass;

if($session->login($user, $pass)) {
            // login successful
            $session->redirect($page->path);
        } else {
            $session->login_error = 'Login Failed. Please try again, or use the forgot password link below.';
        }
    } ?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>Login</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/build/css/app.css">
    </head>
    <body>
        <div class="container py-5">
            <form action='./' method='post'>
                <div class="row">
                    <div class="col-12 col-sm-6 offset-sm-3">
                        <h1>You must be logged in.</h1>
                        <div class="login">
                            <? if($input->post->user && $input->post->pass) {
                                echo "<p class='error'>" . $session->login_error . "</p>";
                            }?>
                            <p><input class="form-control" type='text' id="user" name='user' placeholder='Username'/></p>
                            <p><input class="form-control" type='password' id="pass" name='pass' placeholder="Password" /></p>
                            <p><input type='submit' class="btn btn-primary" name='submit' value='Login' /></p>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
    </body>
    </html>

<? die(); // don't go any further if not logged in

}

If I go to site.dev/whatever, I am met with a login. After logging in, it takes me straight to the URL I intended to go to before needing to log in.

You could change the $page->path to $pages->get('/events/')->httpUrl; - would that work?

• Like 1

thanks @ethanbeyer. its so unbelievebly strange, it must be server settings as it works fine as I have currently on dev but not on live. Thanks anyways though!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jploch
      Hey folks,
      currently Iam working on a website for one of my clients and I need some advice on how to approach this in PW.
      The website is for a company, that offers holiday houses in two locations. 

The client wants the homepage to show the first location. Normally I just have a home template for the first page, but here the URL should reflect that you are in Location 1. So when you visit the URL casamani.com it should redirect to casamani.com/location-1. Not sure if this makes sense at all.

Whould it be bad for SEO and performance reasons to redirect home to the Location-1 page?
      Another approach would be to render the Location-1 template on the home template or do an include like discussed here.
      Here is how the tree looks:
      – Home
      – Location 1 (Homepage)
           – Creation
           – Adventure
           – Sustainability
      – Location 2 
           – Creation
           – Adventure
           – Sustainability

Thanks for looking into this!
    • By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      I've got an interesting case concerning access to current user page. It appears that PW somehow limits access to the frontend page of current user.
      I'm speaking about a specific PW configuration. We have two kind of users: 'regular' users with native user template and member users with specific member template and specific members parent page (by the way, it's so cool that PW allows to use custom user templates and custom parent for certain user pages!). So a member with name Joe has a page with member template and url like /members/joe .
      The members template has some access limitations: only member users can see pages with member template. It works like a charm in most situations. For example, user Bill (who has member template and is logged in) can browse a page with url /members/ann which also is a member page with member template.
      And now, meet the glitch! The above-mentioned Bill cannot get to his own page /members/bill ! PW generates 404 page instead.
      I see no reason for this behavior. From my point of view any member should have access to any member page in this situation. What am i doing wrong? Any advice is welcome!
    • By Marvin
      Hi,
      I'm still new at processwire, i want to ask, i was create a website with sign in system, but i want to add a access roles/permission for each user at my website. For now, i just can create a login user without any permission and the user data became as a pages in my processwire.
      Here i attach my code for login
      <?php $note = $note2 = $hidden =""; if($input->get->id == "logout") { $session->remove('login_id'); } if($input->post->submit) { $email = $sanitizer->email($input->post->email); $pass = $sanitizer->text($input->post->pass); $result = $pages->find("email=$email, text_1=$pass"); if(!$email || !$pass) { $note = "Data belum lengkap"; } else { if($result->count > 0) { $session->login_id = "$result"; $hidden = "style = 'diplay:none'"; $url=$pages->get("/files/")->httpUrl; header("Location:$url"); die(); } else { $note = "Akun tidak ditemukan"; } } } ?> And this code for login form
      <div class="frow-container"> <div class="frow centered mt-50"> <div class="col-md-1-3"> <div class="box p-40 shadow-light"> <h2 class="mb-20 text-center" <?=$hidden?>>Database Partitur<br>GII HIT</h2> <form method="post" <?=$hidden?>> <label>Username <input type="text" name="email"></label> <label>Password <input type="password" name="pass"></label> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Masuk"> </form> <p class="notif"><?=$note;?></p> <div class="text-center"><?=$note2;?></div> </div> </div> </div> </div> Just for remember, my user data now is a pages, and i cannot give any permission to user data.
      Thank you very much for help.
    • By kyksh
      Hi!
      I need users to login by their email address. This works when I change the value in ProcessLogin.module
       122     protected $useEmailLogin = null;
      to
      122     protected $useEmailLogin = true;
      What would be a recommended way to enable this?
      There's this line in ProcessLogin.module:
        15  * @property bool|int $allowEmail Whether or not email login is allowed (0|false=off, 1|true=Yes, 2=Yes or name also allowed)
      But I can't figure out how to set this. I tried next to $useEmailLogin in ProcessLogin.module and in config.php, but neither takes effect.
      BTW I tried module LoginWithEmail but it seems outdated. My PW version is 3.0.165
    • By longtom
      I'm creating this site where a 'motherpage' renders all subpages.  I switched on frontend editing to make editing as easy as possible to end-users. 
      I'm stuck on adding images to the subpages.  The frontend editor suggests to add images to the motherpage (that has no images field on it, nor should it), so it asks for another page to add the images to/from. 
      Is there a way to make the frontend-editor context aware so that it looks for images in the correct subpage? 
      I already tried the 'type C' approach and added <edit field="body" page="id">, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.