Edit existing table class (CK Editor)

suntrop

When an editor adds a table you can insert a CSS class width, etc.

But once the table is inserted I can't find any way to change any of the "meta data" like class, id, width, etc.

Usually I provide some table designs (table-a, table-b, table-hover) and the editors can choose one. But if there is a big table and the editor wants to change it, there is only HTML where one can edit that. Or do I miss something here?

Pasted_Image_02_03_18__11_21.png

9 hours ago, suntrop said:

Usually I provide some table designs (table-a, table-b, table-hover) and the editors can choose one

This sounds strange. If you say "can choose one": Did you hack the table plugin so they have an actual dropdown-menu for table-classes?

Or do you mean they can manually add one of your table CSS classes inside CKE?

In an existing table, I can simply right-click anywhere in the table and choose "table properties" (Tabellen-Eigenschaften), and I see the same popup.

This also works if I use frontend-editing. 

Provide some more details (browser, PW version etc.) please, then we can perhaps narrow down your specific problem.

• Like 1

:-)

5 minutes ago, dragan said:

In an existing table, I can simply right-click anywhere in the table and choose "table properties" (Tabellen-Eigenschaften), and I see the same popup.

That is what I was looking for. I did not know there is a context menu for tables. I tried to select the table and click the toolbar button (like it works for links and images).

Thanks!