Release: Ergo Admin Template

nikola

• 2 months later...

hi nikola,

your admin theme is still my favorite. however, just for the records i post a problem i run into when developing a client site:

in my frontend template i called my main navigation with this code:

<?php include("./topnav.inc"); ?>

as a result, ul#nav in the backend was replaced with my frontend navigation and set to display:none  >:D no problem: i got it back by switching the name of my template to mainnav.inc  ^-^

but for everybody, here is my learning: never call a frontend template topnav.inc when using ergo admin theme!

best, c.

Hi, I tried the theme today and like it too, it could easily become a favorite.

One issue: If the site is in Maintenance Mode, the green info bar floats wrong and makes the page layout looking weird.

Another suggestion would be to be able to place the log info sidebar to the right instead of left.

Hi ceberlin,

I'll haven't tried the theme with Maintenance Mode module so I'll have a look whats wrong with it.

If you want to put the sidebar on the right you can do it easily, just few tweaks in default.php, main.css and main.js file.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Nikola,

I also just discovered this theme - not sure how I missed it before - really beautiful and functional.

I actually moved the "latest" sections content to below the Pages/Setup/Modules/Access items. As slick as the collapsible sidebar was, it just seemed like unnecessary use of screen real estate to me. This way I can still see it and I can easily set the width of main content area to 95% of the screen width which helps to simulate the look of the front end of the site which uses RWD.

Thanks again for my new favorite theme!

EDIT: One thing I noticed is that page number buttons on the users page (yes I have more than one page of users) are still pink/grey and need styling to match the theme. 

Edited by adrian

Hi Nikola,

I also just discovered this theme - not sure how I missed it before - really beautiful and functional.

I actually moved the "latest" sections content to below the Pages/Setup/Modules/Access items. As slick as the collapsible sidebar was, it just seemed like unnecessary use of screen real estate to me. This way I can still see it and I can easily set the width of main content area to 95% of the screen width which helps to simulate the look of the front end of the site which uses RWD.

Thanks again for my new favorite theme!

EDIT: One thing I noticed is that page number buttons on the users page (yes I have more than one page of users) are still pink/grey and need styling to match the theme. 

One thing I've learned trying to tweak some of the CSS here is JQuery UI is a nightmare! Nikola's done an amazing job I think as when I'm trying to change some of the background colors or colors of labels or inputfields I nearly always end up screwing it up elsewhere.

Here's a screenshot of how it's looking full screen without the latest news sidebar

post-502-0-76262700-1378457588_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Hi totoff,

I plan to update this theme in the near future for current and upcoming PW releases, I'm working on the new theme which is almost done, I'm tweaking the responsive part of the theme.

I've been quite busy last couple of months and haven't had time to work on any of my themes and I was generally quiet around PW forum in general, my apologies for that (to everybody)...

I don't think that I'm planning to support older themes besides Ergo and my new theme that's near release date of pure reason updating JqueryUI and other things is very time consuming.

It's better to have 2 themes fully supported then 5 themes partly supported in the end.

I'm willing to help anybody that will continue to use my older themes with any kind of advice regarding functionality.

• Like 7

Hi nikola,

thank you very much for your reply and I'm sure there is no need to apologize, absolutely not. You have contributed a fantastic theme, what more could we expect?

Your plan for two themes sounds good.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...