Sign in to follow this  
activestate

Processwire 3.08 don't save any data.

Hi,
I have project done on localhost, all works fine. When i'm attempting to upload this project into live server all looks ok, but when i'll login as admin, i cannot edit anything. After saving, i see message that data is saved, but nothing happens. Impossible to edit nothing...
Thanks for any tips.

PS: No errors in  logs, data can be changed manually using phpmyadmin, so looks like no problems with database too....
I've also noticed, that if some page has blank field i can add text and save. And this will be saved, but cannot be edit again.

Hello,

Do you at least see the changes in the backend/admin ("message that data is saved")?

If you see the modifications in the backend, could it be a cache issue (browser, server, processwire...), and because of that you don't see the changes on the frontend of the website?

Can you give more details (hosting...)?

What are the technical differences between your local and live environments?

• Like 1

Hi  @Christophe

This is a message (edited title fileld of one of pages)

image.png.53481a10005b7769f0267c4e605d4edb.png

but title still remains untouched. 
So i don't see modifications on server.

Hosting is on Forge, and locally i have XAMPP.
Now i've installed this website on another server and i see that it's working. So localhost and another server works fine, but not page on Forge (i'm using forge all the times, always everything is ok, so not sure whats wrong in this case - one thing for sure, im using newest version of processwire.)

EDIT: I see that i'm able to edit for example:

image.png.08cc5072a360fef8ea6bdab17875ba86.png

But NOT this:

image.png.acc22be58b4d1b4d74a803debad2fc10.png

What are you using on localhost and the other server?

On (Laravel's (?)) Forge, Nginx is used, not Apache apparently.

Edit: so you are (perhaps) using Digital Ocean on Laravel's Forge, which is where it doesn't work?
But you mentioned another server where it works, which one is it?

There are perhaps some tweaks that are needed.

Edited by Christophe
  • Confused 1

Localhost is Apache, Live also apache (i think Digital Ocean but not sure).

LIVE: 
PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Edit: so you are (perhaps) using Digital Ocean on Laravel's Forge, which is where it doesn't work?
But you mentioned another server where it works...

Hi,

I'm not sure, i don't know how to check this as i have only access to ftp and database via adminer. That's all. 

On another server this is working - as it's simple shared hosting with apache2/php 7 and mysql .

Recently, i've changed processwire version -> downgraded to 3.0. Pages content is not updated all the time, SEO tabs from SEOModule too, but page url is updating, strange things....

maybe is't worth to mention, that i see some issues with modules installing too, for example module jumplinks gives:
 Failed to init module: ProcessJumplinks - Unable to find ID for Module 'ProcessJumplinks'

2 hours ago, Christophe said:

But you mentioned another server where it works, which one is it?

@Christophe, and if this is Forge ? Cheers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Margus Tamm | OnlineExpo
      Hi

We need Processwire guru for our project onlineexpo.com. Project is "long term" and constantly evolving.
      We have Frontend developer, but we don't have backend guru yet.
      So, if you are interested at work, please contact me at "processwire@onlineexpo.com" and let's discuss about conditions.

Margus
    • By GWColeman
      Hi,
      I am working on a processwire project for my college. I created an entire site about a year ago without any problem. Today however, I was making some changes to the site and I was experimenting with duplicating data across multiple pages. There is a repeater on one of the pages that I need to be the same across all pages.

I clicked the checkbox to autojoin within the field options for the repeater and processwire crashed. I am not able to make any changes to the page to uncheck and I cannot view the site any longer.
      This is the message I get on the page.
      Fatal error: Exception: Could not execute User::__construct() (in /var/www/html/wire/core/Pages.php line 323) #0 /var/www/html/wire/core/Pages.php(323): mysqli_result->fetch_object('User', Array) #1 /var/www/html/wire/core/PagesType.php(101): Pages->getById(Array, Object(Template), 29) #2 /var/www/html/wire/core/Session.php(64): PagesType->get(41) #3 /var/www/html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(138): Session->__construct() #4 /var/www/html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(46): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config)) #5 /var/www/html/index.php(185): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config)) #6 {main} in /var/www/html/index.php on line 217

I tried to comment out 323 without any luck. I also took a look in the database to see if I could manually turn off the autojoin option. However, I was not able to figure out where the option was located within the database.

Any help or suggestions would appreciated.
      EDIT:
      I was able to solve the issue on my own. I did a google search and found that I needed to change he flag for the field from 1 to 0 in the database, and everything works again.

Here is the post that I found that solved the issue.

• By Maxplex
      Hey there, 
      i have a big Problem. I migrate Processwire with a Plugin from my local Mama Server to a 1&1 web server. After few Problems with Internal Error (.htaccess), the site looks greta and its work. But my Admin Panel are not working correctly. Before I installed the AdminThemeUIKit but now I can't install ist anymore and I can't refresh my modules. Nothing happens after a mouse click on it. If I am going to the pages, I can't see anything. There isn't a Site Tree or anything else. I can not change anything there. Please help me, it is a huge Problem for me... The admin looks like the very beginning of Processwire !!!

• By Noel Boss
      This module hooks into the login method to provide the possibility to login with the user's email address. This is my first module and it's very simple. Please provide feedback if you have any suggestions. Thanks
      The module can be found in the module repository:
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/login-with-email/
      or on github:
      https://github.com/noelboss/LoginWithEmail

• By sirhc
      Hi all,
      I got a Internal Server Error when accessing de /setup/fields in my back end...
      Also when i try to reach it through the page tree, i can't edit the 'fields' page, same error.
      I do modify a image field through the api, i don't know if that has something to do with it, below the code i use to upload an image through the api, I deleted the parts that are not important. If anyone can help me that would be great.
      To clarify; the code below works fine, my image and page is created as expected, the only thing is that I can't access my /setup/fields/ page in my CMS anymore due to the Internal Server Error.

<?php              if($input->post->submit) {             $photoPage = new Page(); // create new page object             $photoPage->template = 'photo'; // set template             $photoPage->parent     = wire('pages')->get('/foto/'); // set the parent                          $photoPage->name     = urlBuilder($input->title_photo); // give it a name used in the url for the page             $photoPage->title     = $input->title_photo; // set page title (not neccessary but recommended)                          $photoPage->save();                              // next: process photo upload                          // Set a temporary upload location where the submitted files are stored during form processing             $upload_path = $config->paths->assets . "files/photos/";                          // New wire upload             $file_upload = new WireUpload('file_upload'); // References the name of the field in the HTML form that uploads the photo             $file_upload->setMaxFiles(1);             $file_upload->setOverwrite(true);             $file_upload->setDestinationPath($upload_path);             $file_upload->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'png', 'gif'));                          // execute upload and check for errors             $files = $file_upload->execute();                          // Run a count($files) test to make sure there are actually files; if so, proceed; if not, generate getErrors()             if(!count($files)) {                 $file_upload->error("Sorry, but you need to add a photo!");                 return false;             }             //success                          //echo 'photos stored';exit;                                  $photoPage->save();             //$session->redirect($locationPage->url);         } else {      ?> <section class="add-location">     <div class="container">         <div class="row">             <div class="col-xs-12">                      <h2>Spot toevoegen</h2>                 <form id="add-form" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">                     <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="<?php echo $max_file_size; ?>" />                                          <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">                             <label for="fileselect">Upload jouw foto:</label>                         <p>                                                          <input type="file" name="file_upload" id="file_upload" accept="image/*"  class="inputfile" />                             <label for="file_upload">                                 <span></span> <strong><i class="fa fa-upload" aria-hidden="true"></i>                                 Kies je foto…</strong>                             </label>                                                      </p>                         </div>                                                  <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upload" />                     </div>                 </form>                  </div>         </div>     </div> </div> <?php } } include('./includes/foot.php');?>