flod

Stars and voting in site-regular blog profile

Is there any chance to get stars and voting for comments in Uikit 3 “Regular” site/blog profile soon? Any working solution would be great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flod said:

Is there any chance to get stars and voting for comments in Uikit 3 “Regular” site/blog profile soon? Any working solution would be great.

I believe all you need to do is go to the Comments field and enable these features.

pw-comment-voting-rating.thumb.png.7e7bdb1c6efd47da6ef26fe5c18e6ef8.png

Right, but I don't know how to get the results in the frontend. Here is what Ryan wrote in the template file:

* ProcessWire/Uikit functions for rendering comments and comment forms
 * Note: comment threads (depth), stars and votes are not yet supported in here.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snobjorn
      I have been searching a while for pre-made UIkit 3 themes that I can download in some form and use. But I have not found much. I work with variables and compile most times, but sometimes I would prefer working with a "finished" theme as a starting point
      I have found the following resources:
      https://github.com/zzseba78/Kick-Off https://github.com/uikit/awesome-uikit Do anyone else know of UIkit 3 themes that you could list?
    • By Gazley
      Hi there,
      Just started with UIKit3. When marking up a grid, the gutter defaults to medium. If I add uk-child-width-1-3, my items wrap nicely but, whilst they are separated by the gutter, they sit on top of each other without gutter/margin in the vertical.
      What is the best approach to have equal space both horizontally and vertically with a grid's child items.
      Also, what is the best approach to reducing that space at smaller breakpoints?
      Many thanks!
    • By danielsl
      1 trying to add extra pages to default _uikit.php function ukNavBarNav-> fails ...it requires 1 array
      2 trying to add dropdown  multilingual menu there-> fails it requires pages array and problem n1
      3 adding standard php multilingual code (for menu generation) to UkNavBarNav ->fails as variable $languages is empty there

SO What is the best way to navigate(menu) in Blog profile and how to add language switcher in a drop down manner?
    • By danielsl
      i decided to extend _uikit.php  functionality with extra functions in separate file in case in future updates,
      in _init.php i included my _uikit_override.php call
      in _uikit_override.php i have
      include_once('./_uikit.php'); 
      function ukEventPost(Page $page, $options = array()) {
      its still copy of ukBlogPosts
      but after that i have strange error

TypeError Argument 1 passed to ProcessWire\ukEventPost() must be an instance of ProcessWire\Page, instance of ProcessWire\PageArray given, called in C:\WTServer\WWW\pw32\site\templates\home.php on line 34 search► Source file File: ...\WWW\pw32\site\templates\_uikit_override.php:84 74: * - `divider` (bool): Specify true to show a divider between root level items (default=auto). 75: * - `attr` (string): A string of additional tag attributes to add to the `<ul>` (default=''). 76: * - `fields` (array): Any additional fields you want to display for each item. 77: * @return string 78: * 79: */ 80: 81: #include(_uikit.php); 82: include_once('./_uikit.php'); 83: 84: function ukEventPost(Page $page, $options = array()) { 85: 86: $defaults = array( 87: 'summarize' => null, // Display blog post summary rather than full post? (null=auto-detect) 88: 'metaIcon' => 'info', any ideas how to properly include php files and call functions??
    • By danielsl
      Installed latest blog profile with _uikit.php
      had to setup a second blog on the same installation, faced few problems
      1 i needed it without comments so this field was deleted-> crash->non destructive workaround in function ukBlogPost(Page $page, $options = array()) {

if($page->comments){//prepend $n = $page->comments->count(); //col 662 }else{$n=0;};//append 2 category page changed, (each blog like setup requires its own category page) can be anything by default 'categories' added option to ukblogpost-> echo ukBlogPosts($posts,['category'=>'expo_tags']);
      non destractive change
      $defaults = array( 'summarize' => null, // Display blog post summary rather than full post? (null=auto-detect) 'metaIcon' => 'info', 'moreIcon' => 'arrow-right', 'moreText' => __('Read more'), 'categoryIcon' => 'hashtag', 'bylineText' => __('Posted by %1$s on %2$s'), 'category' => 'categories', <-- new line ); ----------------- $metaIcon = ukIcon($options['metaIcon']); $moreIcon = ukIcon($options['moreIcon']); $categoryIcon = ukIcon($options['categoryIcon']); $cat=$options['category']; <-- new line --------------------- $categories = $page->$cat->each($categoryIcon . <--categories replaced for $cat "<a class='uk-button uk-button-text' href='{url}'>{title}</a> " ); 3 Problem, Is it possible to extend ukblogPosts to display calendar , events, date event table, 
      really need simple solution for php newbie
      4  ready.php hooks??? do i need to add new ? for new blog type pages? cant understand how it affects blogpost , so what is the function of default hook in log profile?? 
      5 _main.php (html menu) needed to add/extend  extra page -> manual dirty  solution
      $p=$home->and($home->children); $p=$p->and($pages->get('/service/Expo-list')); #print_r($p); #and($pages->get('/Service/'))) ?> <?=ukNavbarNav($p, [ 'dropdown' => [ 'basic-page', 'categories' ] ])?> doesnt like this solution/ is there a simpler way to combine 3 arrays or just page ids for ukNavBar ->call
      --------
      i realy like new templates functionality, great work