• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?
    • By nickngqs
      How do you guys sort according to the order of page listing?

My template is sort order none, so I assume it would return according to order of page listing.
    • By rolisx
      Hi all!
      I have a little problem here. I want to sort a list of addresses by streetname and then by number. First, I just had a field "prod_objekt" (address) containing both and then have a foreach loop like this: $pages->get('/produzenten/')->prod_repeater->sort('prod_objekt') as $produzent. Unfortunately, this would not sort by streetnumber if I had the same streetname but multiple numbers.
      Now, I thought I could sort by two fields. prod_object (adress) first and then by prod_hausnummer (streetnumber). But I just don't know the code for it. I tried this: $pages->get('/produzenten/')->prod_repeater->sort('prod_objekt.prod_hausnummer') as $produzent, but it wouldn't work.
      Any ideas on how to solve this?
      Thanks for your help
      Roli
    • By Vigilante
      This is a pretty typical thing. Open a page, it does a $pages query, finds 112 things and I list them on the page. There is pagination too, 20 per page.
      I want a sort dropdown box so the visitor can change alpha sort or whatever other sorts and filters I eventually use.
      My first thought is to just refresh the page with a url query like "page/?sort=az" and then adjust the query in the template code. But to do this, it will require a page refresh, which means the sort box goes back to its default, and not sure how it effects pagination.
      If I do a page refresh, I'll have to keep the sort settings in the session or something, to make sure I always apply correct sort on page load.
      But at the same time, I've already got the $pages array, it would be much nicer to shuffle it and update the page without a page refresh, rather than run the query over and over again.
      But then again, the pagination buttons already cause page refreshes, so that is already happening anyway, unless I convert the pagination buttons to also be no-refresh somehow.

I figure this is a very common problem, to paginate results and give users a sorting/filtering option. What is the common methods for handling it? Session, url query, ajax? If I just add the sort to the url query, how do I make that work in the pagination links?
    • By Moebius
      I need to sort results by title ascending, and title includes special characters (croatian letters).
      The problem is that results are sorted but not 100% correct:
      e.g.
      $authors = $pages->find("template=author,sort=title"); Cavali Cavilon Čavlović Cesare ... You see intruder (bolded), it looks like sort engine treats letters C and Č as same ones.
      I'm not sure that this is Processwire related, but maybe API has solution for this kind of behavior?
      I have UTF-8 page content type .