Hello world - blank page

Jester

Hi, I'm developer beginner with processwire.

I'm installing new virtual machine in azure with PW bitnami package.

I following the hello world tutorial, but the earth page, with planet.php template, appear blank.

https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/hello-worlds/

I have tried everything, including permissions on the planet.php file, but unfortunately it does not work.

Any suggestions ?

Hi Jester and welcome to the forum,

not sure what could be the issue, but I guess it would help if you provided more infos for us. What steps did you take (sometimes writing down the steps already leads to an "aha" moment ;) )? What is working (I guess the admin works just fine as you say you tried changing settings), what is not? Maybe add some screenshots? Maybe look into the error logs of your site (/site/assets/logs/...).

And my #1 developer tip: Install Tracy Debugger and see if it shows you anything helpful :)

• Like 2

I'm not set the output strategy or profile, all is default.

I follow the "Hello worlds ! A processwire tutorial" and to the step 3: " Click the View link that appears on this page edit screen. You should see the output of the HTML from step 1. Click the back button in your browser to return to the edit screen.", appear the blank page.

I set $config->debug = true; in the config.php file and the output to the earth page is:

Warning: file_put_contents(/opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/_init.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 389

Warning: file_put_contents(/opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/_main.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 389

Warning: file_put_contents(/opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/planet.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 389

Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 1063

Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 1063

This error appear also in the other page: home. about, etc etc.

Warning: file_put_contents(/opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/_init.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 389

Warning: file_put_contents(/opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/_main.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 389

Warning: file_put_contents(/opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/home.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/processwire/htdocs/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 389

Any suggestions ?

Best regards.