Code Blocks Textformatter

teppo

Code Blocks Textformatter is a tiny Textformatter module I cooked up to add support for code blocks to text/textarea/RTE fields on some of the sites I work with. Unlike a full-blown Markdown Textformatter – which is something that we already have in the core – this module simply adds support for fenced and inline code blocks.

The syntax is based on the GitHub code block documentation, so please refer to that for additional instructions. The README at GitHub also includes some basic examples. As with any Textformatter, in order to enable this one, install it and enable it via field settings. Note that there's no syntax highlighting built in (at least for the time being), so use a tool of your choice for that – personally I prefer Prism.js.

Since this module doesn't use a Markdown tool behind the scenes, but rather some home baked regular expressions, there's always the possibility that I've missed something – but please let me know if you use this module and run into any issues. On the other hand this module should be relatively fast and unobtrusive, as there are no unnecessary bits of code to run :)

• Like 13