Change Default Admin Page Loaded / Hide Pages Tree

geekpete

Hi All,

I'm trying to change the default page loaded when using the ProcessWire Admin.  Normally it defaults to the 'Pages' tree but I'd like it set to one of my custom menu items (a ListerPro).  I've looked around the admin panel for a setting without any joy and also tried changing $config->adminRootPageID (I suspect its readonly?) but that didn't work.  Does anybody know how to do it please?

Also, if I wanted to hide the Pages tree menu item (top nav) from all non superusers is that possible?  I want them still to be able to dig into a page but only from ListerPro's etc.

Thanks again all.  Learning bit by bit....

I've got the default page page changed no problem using the above link as a guide, brill.

Struggling a bit to hide the 'Pages' tree for a non superuser though (I want users to use some simple ListerPro's I setup where they can edit pages from there etc).

From what I can work out the 'ProcessPageList' module the page tree uses needs the permission 'page-edit' to show up.  So I tried adding a custom permission and getting the module to use it (whilst not adding that permission to the non superuser role).  That works fine until a non superuser goes into a ListerPro and tries to edit a page, I get an error then which I'm guessing is because the ProcessPageList locks off all functionality and the user doesn't have the.  I get :-

ProcessWire: You do not have permission to execute this module - ProcessPageList

Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way.  Essentially I want to be able to give my users nice simple options in the 'top' menu where Pages, Setup, Modules and Access go. These will bring up ListerPro 'views', that all works perfect.

Given that I can access the pages I'm after from the ListerPro's closing off the tree for those users seemed a good idea as they essentially see this 'other' view of the same things which may confuse them.  Any ideas folks?

I do know one thing, having a good grip on the ProcessWire admin has got me thinking of lots of uses for it.  This particular setup is for a manufacturing company, there is actually no 'frontend' at all, PW is just a great way to manage the data and doesn't suffer on scale.

That works really well, thank you, few little things I noticed if you edit a page and click the little 'tree' icon PW gets stuck in a redirect loop, same if you use the 'Save + Exit' link but on my ListerPro's its fine if I use the modal edit 'type' and those links don't appear.

• 8 months later...
On 2/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, geekpete said:

Also, if I wanted to hide the Pages tree menu item (top nav) from all non superusers is that possible?  I want them still to be able to dig into a page but only from ListerPro's etc.

Please read my comment about a proposal change for what is rendered in the navigation 

• Like 1