How to turn off fatal error email notification?

Rudy

Fixing the error is no option? :)

I can imagine there are situations where fixing is not the best option, for example I just created a filter for my mailbox that deletes warning emails about AIOM warning

PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in .../site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/AllInOneMinify/AllInOneMinify.module:713

In this case fixing the issue would mean hacking this module, what I do not want to do. On the other side those warning e-mails are annoying, so I came up with the filter solution (deleting e-mails containing "AllInOneMinify.module:713"). So I still get other warnings but don't get annoyed by this special one.

Maybe that's also an option for you? Fatal error sounds a little more serious though than my php warning ;)

@bernhard, good one! I think you still get error messages even if it's not fatal.

We have over 200 PW sites. Errors like these pops up every day and it's filling up my designated mailbox.

Exception: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '41-0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Ideally, we should be able to tunnel all errors to Mongo or ELK stack where I can review errors from each site and fix accordingly.

What do you think?

Rudy

• Like 1

Maybe setup some simple rules with Zapier or IFTTT? Perhaps even post automated tickets to JIRA or some similar app?

btw, the same error appeared earlier in the forums:

Edited by dragan
added links
  • Like 2

I think that integrity constraint violation definitely needs attention!

But back to the issue at hand - have you tried using Tracy in Production mode to log the errors. When she emails, she only sends one until you clear the sent email flag, so your inbox won't be bombarded with repeat errors.

Tracy also has Slack and Monolog adapters: https://componette.com/search/tracy available, but I guess it wouldn't be hard to write a Jira one if you prefer that.

• Like 4

On 2/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, adrian said:

I think that integrity constraint violation definitely needs attention!

How to track it down? Every now and then I get it too but so far no luck figuring it out and everything seems to running without issues. It's hard to fix something which does not seem to be broken.

• Like 1