Image field problem

WebMaster

Hello,

I need to add additional attributes to Image field. For my situation not enough description and tags attributes. For example, I need to enter additional options for positioning individual images thumbnails on images gallery. It's is way to extend Image field? Or I have use other way to solve this problem? I tried to use ImageExtra field, but this field is very simple and I cant use processwire features like images files sort.

Hi @WebMaster

As far as I know, current only ImageExtra module adds support for additional fields for images. Native support for additional properties in image/files fields is on the roadmap for 2018. 

For now, the most flexible route for you is to create a page for every image, in that way you will get all PW features. There is module that can help with this approach

https://github.com/mr-fan/AutoImagePages

14 minutes ago, WebMaster said:

I cant use processwire features like images files sort.

Do you mean that you can't sort and search by custom ImageExtra fields? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WebMaster said:

For example, I need to enter additional options for positioning individual images thumbnails on images gallery

Can you describe in more detail what this means? Why can't you use tags for this?

Sorting by filename is trivial "out of the box" with PW:

$imgs = $page->images;
foreach($imgs as $img) {
    $imageFileNames[] = $img->name;
}
sort($imageFileNames);
echo '<pre>';
print_r($imageFileNames);
echo '</pre>';

(assuming you need sorting in the frontend output).

If you would add tags and / or descriptions you could build an associative array instead.

• Like 1

Maybe you can use the the imagesExtra module, drop your sorting-module and install AOS (Admin On Steroids). WIth AOS you can add filter and searchboxes to images fields, what makes it very conveniant to find images with specific strings. So, I'm not sure if that search/filterfield includes all imagesExtra fields by default. But a quick question to @tpr will shed some light, I hope. :)