Behaviour for backend users with non-standard language.

theo

Hello

I have a problem with the workflow for the non-standard language backend.

For example if I create a page as a german user, where english is the standard language, I'm getting the screen (2) below, because I forgot to switch tabs and enter an english name as well before saving.

I always give the pages the same name in all languages, which is done automatically if you are logged in as standard-language user.

While the error message technically makes sense in this case, I looks like as if i am being arrested or sth. ;)

Wouldn't it be better, if PW would copy the first non-null name to the standard language if empty?

What do you think?

nslpw1.thumb.png.a80bf2533b5e18385b352ed267dd43a2.png

nslpw2.thumb.png.281483502a56ef72fe2c1a9b5fc4b590.png

1 minute ago, theo said:

Wouldn't it be better, if PW would copy the first non-null name to the standard language if empty?

Perhaps it would, I will check if this would work as intended in my adminonsteroids module, unless someone has something against. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tpr said:

I will check if this would work as intended in my adminonsteroids module, unless someone has something against. 

Veto! I think that should be done by the core ;) Also came around this several times and was annoyed. So I think it would be better to open a PR than adding another snippet to AOS.

• Like 1

Well, it's not quite the same problem with Menu Builder.

If you create a page as a non-default-language backend user, the page created will get the same name for the default language, but no title.

$p = new Page();
$p->template = 'home';
$p->parent = wire('pages')->get('/newscontainer/');
$p->name = 'mynewpage_url';
$p->title = 'My New Page';
$p->save();

PageLister seems to have a fallback mechanism. It is listing the page under its name "mynewpage_url" instead of title.

But there is no title set and there is no warning.