_END field duplication error?

j00st

Hi All,

perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I've been working with the Fieldset a while now (and loving the combination with repeater-fields :) ),
but yesterday I stumbled upon the following;

When creating a fieldset, ProcessWire automatically generates and _END field as well, right?
As I wanted to have to fieldsets in tabs, but with similar content, I decided to clone the fieldset.
Doing so DID create a new fieldset, but NOT an additional fieldset_END for this fieldset.
Additionally , it looks like the cloned fieldset is also linked to the previously created fieldset_END of the initially created one.

Practical example (my steps in this case):

1. Make fieldset four_columns
  2. ProcessWire generates four_columns_END
  3. Clone four_columns fieldset, as three_columns
  4. (currently) DONE!
  5. Leaves me with four_columns, four_columns_END and three_columns (but no three_columns_END) 

Is there another way I should go about doing this? Or am I missing some setting? Or is this something in ProcessWire?
Looking forward to see reactions!

Cheers all!

19 hours ago, matjazp said:

Not directly related, just in case if you rename the fieldset: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/1854

Thanks for the heads-up @matjazp  :) Didn't rename any yet, so good timing there!

19 hours ago, Zeka said:

I think that it's normal behavior as fieldset and fieldset_end are separate fields, so you have to clone each of them. 

@Zeka : that seems fair enough, wishful thinking on my part perhaps that because the _end is generated by ProcessWire on creating the fieldset, I was hoping it would also do that on cloning....laziness on my part there:-[