404 page not found when accessing any page

vmo

Hi,

I have a Processwire installation and when accessing any page it gives 404, page not found.

The site is under development and until recent I just was developing the templates and right now I am developing the php and html into the templates files like home.php.

The site was recently updated to the version 3.0.89 and I don't if it has something to do with the 404 error.

Right now I do not have a clue about was happening,

I appreciate if any one have a clue what it might being happening.

Thank in advanced.

The htaccess file is from a processwire instalation. The original htaccess from the version 3.0.89 

and the htaccess from the other installation with a lower version are not working,

the issue continues.

This doesn't appear to be the usual .htaccess-related kind of thing

1 hour ago, vmo said:

The url address of the site is http://assembleia.pt/.

Visiting shows that the 404 is PW's 404 page and clicking internal links tries to load the appropriate page (browser URL field changes) but it is still 404.

Completely groundless wild guess - could it be a multi-language related problem?

• Like 4

Thank you for the wild gess about the languages problem,

it seems that the is related to the languages.

I had only one language active that was Portuguese, and after added a new language the home was shown correctly,

now I need to verify the issue in other pages.

Many thank you for help

I think now it is just a time issue to verify all the pages and file templates.

• Like 2

I've had this with several sites when trying to up from 3.0.62 to 3.0.90 - but I've still not resolved it.

I suspect it is a languages issue, as the sites were setup using the multi-language template, but in the end the sites just used a single language.

I also get a 404 when trying to edit some (but not all) of the pages via the admin login PW editor back end.

NOW RESOLVED:

If you have all the language modules installed, ready for a multi-linugual site & are not using them you will get 404 issues.

I've converted fields to single language, removed all the language modules from the core tab & after upgrade no issues are seen.

Edited by dab
Resolved!