NoWords

Can I achieve this with Processwire?

Hi,

I used this CMS only in test phase and never on a Live site because I am still "Studying" it and I have some questions for you.

For a client that owns a Club (120 members) that has also a restaurant, I need to create a member website with these features:

Admin side:

1. The admin should be able to create custom filed for the members (Adress 1, Adress 2, Company, etc. etc.)

"Budget" will be one of this custom field: every member has an amount of money when they join the club. Money they can use for restaurant etc.

2. The admin will have a "Add Bill" function where he can add Bills from the restaurant for every member. The amount of the Bill will be then detracted to the Members budget.

Example: The member Kevin White has a budget of 1000 Euros, he goes to the restaurant and spends 20. Actualized budget: 980 Euros.

3. The admin will have a section called "Members" where he can see an overview of the members and the open bills they have to pay

4. The admin can creates events for members. The events can have maximum numbers of applications and every member can decide to come with someone.

5. The admin can send via email a report to the members with the Negativ "Balance".

Member side:

1. Every member will have an overview of the Bills from the restaurant

2. Every member can join events.

That's it. So my main question is:

Can I do this with processwire?

When yes can please you suggest me the right modules?

Many many many thanks :)

Welcome NoWords!

Short answer to a long question - Yes, almost certainly.

Bit longer answer - Most (if not all) of your needs could be accomplished by creating a ProcessModule. This will require some programming, which you may or may not be comfortable with. See

This will allow all the control over member budgets etc that you need. In PW a user page is just a page so any custom fields can be added to a user just as they would any other page. Depending on your requirements around 'events', there are various calendar modules available but without knowing a bit more about that side of things, the built in date support might be all you need.

Have a look at @bernhard's tutorial above, and come back to us with any more questions you might have.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DaveP said:

a user page is just a page so any custom fields can be added to a user just as they would any other page.

@DaveP I went over a similar topic to this a while back

...and it was suggested to leave the user as just email/password i.e. just the very basic authentication requirements and create a 'profile' page instead which is associated with a user (which is auto created when they sign up with a page ref field on profile back to the user page). For example, for users with different roles (admin vs member), they might not all need the same fields.

Never been sure what approach to take as I've still not built anything with members yet. The setup of this could possibly be important for the OP though for maximum flexibility for the future.

p.s. hi @NoWords welcome to the forum :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveP said:

Welcome NoWords!

Short answer to a long question - Yes, almost certainly.

Bit longer answer - Most (if not all) of your needs could be accomplished by creating a ProcessModule. This will require some programming, which you may or may not be comfortable with. See

This will allow all the control over member budgets etc that you need. In PW a user page is just a page so any custom fields can be added to a user just as they would any other page. Depending on your requirements around 'events', there are various calendar modules available but without knowing a bit more about that side of things, the built in date support might be all you need.

Have a look at @bernhard's tutorial above, and come back to us with any more questions you might have.

Hi and thanks for the Answer :)

I will have a look at this post and in case I will ask.

Thanks again

2 hours ago, SamC said:

@DaveP I went over a similar topic to this a while back

...and it was suggested to leave the user as just email/password i.e. just the very basic authentication requirements and create a 'profile' page instead which is associated with a user (which is auto created when they sign up with a page ref field on profile back to the user page). For example, for users with different roles (admin vs member), they might not all need the same fields.

Never been sure what approach to take as I've still not built anything with members yet. The setup of this could possibly be important for the OP though for maximum flexibility for the future.

p.s. hi @NoWords welcome to the forum :) 

Hi and thanks :)

Okay I will keep it in mind.

Thanks ;)

7 hours ago, NoWords said:

I used this CMS only in test phase and never on a Live site because I am still "Studying" it

This is a good thing. I'd suggest that you first get a thorough grounding of the basics before plunging into creating anything. The resources suggested in the previous posts are all good. However, without a basic understanding of ProcessWire, they will not make much sense to you. People learn differently. Some people like to dive in and pick up the basics as they go along. Others (me included ;)) prefer to get the basics first before diving in. So, if you can go through these first, you'd be the better for it in the long run. 

1. Selectors
  2. PHP foreach loop (in case loops are newish to you)
  3. $page
  4. $pages

Yes, what you asked is doable. But you will need to get those hands dirty with some custom code. It'll be fun though.

Welcome to the forums :).

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By modifiedcontent
      I have my own register-login-profile/account page system. I know that Ryan recently released an official module for this, but there may be an advantage to having my own custom solution. Anyway, it seems to work well.
      But, I have been getting annoying Russian hack attempt accounts, mostly as 'guests' that don't bother to use the activation link.
      Most if not all of these accounts have this in the name field:
      No Subscription Detected
      Not Recognized
      ...which makes them relatively easy to filter out from real name accounts.
      Where do these "strings" come from? I can't find them in Processwire's source. Are the hackers using some kind of tool that inserts these for some reason? Or is it a PHP thing? Does anyone recognize them? Does it mean they are using some kind of backdoor instead of the registration form?
      In general, what are the best practices to secure my registration form, prevent spam accounts, etc.?
      I'll start with adding a check to block IP addresses that try to register with 'Not Recognized' etc. in the name field I guess.

• By bramwolf
      Hey Guys,
      One of my clients asked me to look at the options for a very complex website, what to use and how to do it. And to be honest i've been thrown in at the deep end a little bit. There is so much software out there and it's kinda hard to try everything out especially in combination with each other, so I thought I would ask if anyone had any experience with such a website and the tools needed to get it up and running. I think the things I'm tryin to achieve are to complex to build solely in ProcessWire since it needs alot of complex modules, but I would love your take in this  This is a list of things I would like to achieve within the website:
      - For one, the website will need dynamic content: news articles, company listings, company profiles, Job application listings ( doesn't have to be a full recruitement module per se )
      - Memberships. Two types of memberships, a paid subscription for advertisers/companies that will be listed. And a free membership for visitors with personal interests, interests logging and preferences.
      - Advertising platform. My clients wants to sell subscriptions to advertisers though a webshop, and place them on the site and place banners on the site for them according to fixed paid-for agreements ( ex. 30.000 presentations of the banner over a period of 2 months ). Here we'll also need to track click throughs and be able to supply documentation about displays and performance of the banners. For this I was thinking about Google's Doubleclick although I haven't found it what it costs on their website.
      - Marketing automation. My client is looking for a platform that handles marketing automation for the free subscribed members. We would like to be able to segments the users, and target them according to interests, and naturally follow up and our offers. It would make sense to be able to use the same platform for holding the user data, as not to have a client system in our CMS and have a seperate one in our Marketing Automation software.

First I was looking for one system to do all of this, but I think it next to impossible to achieve that. So now I'm thinking a good and expandable base CMS with good integration options for 3th party platforms and modules. My goal is not to create all these modules myself considering the complexity of just one of them, but to create a nicely integrated system which covers all attributes using as much pre-exisiting systems as possible for fast delivery and having fully tested and functional systems.
      Have any of you ever built such a site, or have any ideas what kinds of CMS or platforms you would use to achieve it? I would love to hear your ideas!

Thanks in advance,
      Bram Wolf

• By Alfurquan
      My next project is to build a complete CRM. A few things that are making me thing to choose between Processwire and CodeIgniter are listed below. I am good in Processwire And will love to do this project in it, if possible.   1--I have to build separate Modules for HRM, accounts ,sales etc.     as per client need we would give subscription to any of our modules to clients 2-- when all the module will be developed then we will integrate all and deliverer full CRM to clients on subscription base only.   3-- Right now I am thinking to put this all on cloud(I am new to cloud,Suggest me if I am wrong.)   SO is all these things possible with Processwire?  if yes please suggest steps/process.   Thanks 
      Furquan Syed  
    • By cstevensjr
      SomeDay Tool

I'm working on a series of restricted collaborative websites that are geared towards me working with my clients.  It's a mashup of CRM, Project/Task Management, Tracking, Documentation and Configuration Control features.  Everything is controlled by PW Roles.  It's a tool that allows me to have a great deal of transparency with those I work with.  The objective is to easily know the who, what, when, where and how of whatever is being worked on.  I call it a Collaborative Resource Management System (CRMS) which has the nickname of SomeDay.

I currently have one of these websites for each of my important clients and an additional one to keep track of my internal work. They all use the inherent native power of PW to produce specialized status reports. The websites intentionally incorporates the front-end and back-end of the PW platform.

There is a lot of information stored within this type of website, what I like to call an Information Portal. You are able to easily query a status and get a good view of what's going on. 
      This is a long-term ongoing project and I will update this post as more features/capabilities are added.
      Meanwhile, here are a few pictures of the CRMS Tool:
      Figure 1-3 (The SomeDay Tool for one of my clients)

Figure 1 (Login courtesy of Adrian's Protected Mode Module)

Figure 2, Homepage is a summary of all information

Figure 3, Each item can be clicked on to get to detailed information
      Figures 4-7 (My internal SomeDay Tool website)

Figure 4, (Login)

Figure 5, Homepage Summary for my internal work

Figure 6 , Homepage Summary

Figure 7, FlagPages showing Bookmarks
      Figures 8-11 (Looking at a Task)

Figure 8, Front-end view

Figure 9, Back-end view (editing)

Figure 10, Place for adding Priority or Statuses

Figure 11, Private Tab only available to selected PW Roles
      Figures 12 and 13 (Site Structure)

Figure 12, CRMS structural flow

Figure 13, Tasks and Sub-Tasks can be added to Projects
      Figures 14-16 (Customized Reports)

Figure 14, Review all items based on what type of work it is

Figure 15, Review items based on their status

Figure 16, Listing of all items with a status category of Active
      That's it for now.
    • By John Kelleher
      Very much sold on Processwire (thanks Ryan et al) and looking to supplant various dev stacks with it. Have a local charity needing a system to look after a collection of client records and produce a bunch of reports on how the clients engage with the support services. Basic func. spec:
      CRUD operations on clients - all fine for PW, I know though if anyone knows of some code/modules to aid in this... Secure logon for limited no users - I know I can do this for the back-end but I'll need much simpler front-end interaction for the users. Is there any way to 'tap into' this back-end login/registration/forget password functionality and expose it at the front-end? To handle custom reporting, I'm guessing I pass form values (using ajax?) to PHP functions that invoke the PW engine to retrieve certain pages. In effective, I'm building a simple CRM (can't find a simple-enough commercial one!). Any guidance/assurances on suitability of PW welcome,
      Thanks and thanks for the great work input so far on PW,
      J