Can I achieve this with Processwire?

NoWords

Hi,

I used this CMS only in test phase and never on a Live site because I am still "Studying" it and I have some questions for you.

For a client that owns a Club (120 members) that has also a restaurant, I need to create a member website with these features:

Admin side:

1. The admin should be able to create custom filed for the members (Adress 1, Adress 2, Company, etc. etc.)

"Budget" will be one of this custom field: every member has an amount of money when they join the club. Money they can use for restaurant etc.

2. The admin will have a "Add Bill" function where he can add Bills from the restaurant for every member. The amount of the Bill will be then detracted to the Members budget.

Example: The member Kevin White has a budget of 1000 Euros, he goes to the restaurant and spends 20. Actualized budget: 980 Euros.

3. The admin will have a section called "Members" where he can see an overview of the members and the open bills they have to pay

4. The admin can creates events for members. The events can have maximum numbers of applications and every member can decide to come with someone.

5. The admin can send via email a report to the members with the Negativ "Balance".

Member side:

1. Every member will have an overview of the Bills from the restaurant

2. Every member can join events.

That's it. So my main question is:

Can I do this with processwire?

When yes can please you suggest me the right modules?

Many many many thanks :)

Welcome NoWords!

Short answer to a long question - Yes, almost certainly.

Bit longer answer - Most (if not all) of your needs could be accomplished by creating a ProcessModule. This will require some programming, which you may or may not be comfortable with. See

This will allow all the control over member budgets etc that you need. In PW a user page is just a page so any custom fields can be added to a user just as they would any other page. Depending on your requirements around 'events', there are various calendar modules available but without knowing a bit more about that side of things, the built in date support might be all you need.

Have a look at @bernhard's tutorial above, and come back to us with any more questions you might have.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DaveP said:

a user page is just a page so any custom fields can be added to a user just as they would any other page.

@DaveP I went over a similar topic to this a while back

...and it was suggested to leave the user as just email/password i.e. just the very basic authentication requirements and create a 'profile' page instead which is associated with a user (which is auto created when they sign up with a page ref field on profile back to the user page). For example, for users with different roles (admin vs member), they might not all need the same fields.

Never been sure what approach to take as I've still not built anything with members yet. The setup of this could possibly be important for the OP though for maximum flexibility for the future.

p.s. hi @NoWords welcome to the forum :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveP said:

Welcome NoWords!

Short answer to a long question - Yes, almost certainly.

Bit longer answer - Most (if not all) of your needs could be accomplished by creating a ProcessModule. This will require some programming, which you may or may not be comfortable with. See

This will allow all the control over member budgets etc that you need. In PW a user page is just a page so any custom fields can be added to a user just as they would any other page. Depending on your requirements around 'events', there are various calendar modules available but without knowing a bit more about that side of things, the built in date support might be all you need.

Have a look at @bernhard's tutorial above, and come back to us with any more questions you might have.

Hi and thanks for the Answer :)

I will have a look at this post and in case I will ask.

Thanks again

2 hours ago, SamC said:

@DaveP I went over a similar topic to this a while back

...and it was suggested to leave the user as just email/password i.e. just the very basic authentication requirements and create a 'profile' page instead which is associated with a user (which is auto created when they sign up with a page ref field on profile back to the user page). For example, for users with different roles (admin vs member), they might not all need the same fields.

Never been sure what approach to take as I've still not built anything with members yet. The setup of this could possibly be important for the OP though for maximum flexibility for the future.

p.s. hi @NoWords welcome to the forum :) 

Hi and thanks :)

Okay I will keep it in mind.

Thanks ;)

7 hours ago, NoWords said:

I used this CMS only in test phase and never on a Live site because I am still "Studying" it

This is a good thing. I'd suggest that you first get a thorough grounding of the basics before plunging into creating anything. The resources suggested in the previous posts are all good. However, without a basic understanding of ProcessWire, they will not make much sense to you. People learn differently. Some people like to dive in and pick up the basics as they go along. Others (me included ;)) prefer to get the basics first before diving in. So, if you can go through these first, you'd be the better for it in the long run. 

1. Selectors
  2. PHP foreach loop (in case loops are newish to you)
  3. $page
  4. $pages

Yes, what you asked is doable. But you will need to get those hands dirty with some custom code. It'll be fun though.

Welcome to the forums :).

• Like 8