Show Pages under Page it's referenced by in Tree

hezmann

Hi,

I have a setup where I have a page structure of continents->countries->regions.  I then have walks which can belong to more than one region, using the page reference field.  In the admin tree I want the walks to be listed under each region that it goes through.   Is this possible? 

Thanks!

If I get you right, you want to show one page on multiple places in the page tree?

I don't think this can be (easily) done. 

What is the reason for this?

Maybe you can solve it using the lister view?

The reason is to be able to find walks easily in the admin.  It would naturally work better to have them listed under each region - but as children can't have multiple parents, and the walks sometimes span regions that creates a problem.

Have been looking at lister and the Lister Pro module.  Good idea!  Thanks.

Any idea how I would edit the tree itself?   From searching the forums seems like a module that can show pages in a different way in the tree could be useful.

H.

I'm not aware of any module that modifys the page tree beyond hiding some pages, and never would even think of to try.  

I go with lister pro and its filters for stuff like this, because it is damn fast and easy to use. 

• Like 1

My first PW-project was a site profile for mp3 database. There are genre, autor, album, track siblings in the tree. 

To show them as parent children relations, I used a jquery tree in frontend. So, it was my first contact with PW, and I doesn't know much about it. But maybe build your own tree as a process module, which has its own page(s) under admin, can be a good solution, too. 

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/local-audio-files/

There is a basic demo page too: http://pwlaf.biriba.de/sitemap/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hezmann said:

I couldn't see in the docs for Lister Pro (haven't purchased it yet) how it handles multi-values.  There seems to be options - but the docs aren't clear what they are.  Do you know?  Thanks @horst

@hezmann Original text from the config page:

Multi-value fields/columns selected above (like multi-page references) are delimited by a line break. If you would like to separate the values for any of the selected columns above by something else, then enter one per line of: field=delimiter.

Example:
tags=,
categories=;

But you don't need to start with ListerPro. You also can configure the core Lister to get a good impression on how it works out.