Form Builder - Now Available

ryan

• 1 month later...

How do I get access the FormBuilder forum? I purchased a license, but didn't see anything about how to access it. Maybe because I used a different email address than on this forum?

Anyway, I have a question about how I might be able to integrate the form with a payment processor (probably just PayPal). Basically, all I need is a way to gather all of the value attributes from all of the selected radio buttons in the form and add them up into a single input element (total price) that can then be posted to an outside URL (set in the formbuilder settings). I've been trying to do this using jQuery, but I think that the fact that the form is in an iframe may pose an issue. I haven't worked a lot with iframes, but my guess is that the form submission isn't going to post any values from outside of the iframe... Am I right?

Edit: Oops, especially since the form tag is inside the iframe... Yeah, that definitely won't work, at least not using the embed method.

Not sure if this topic has come up already. Maybe someone has developed a better solution for it.

Edit: Oops again... I'll PM Ryan about the support form.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan!

I would like to buy Form Builder for my non-profit website to build membership management system. I have few questions before I make transaction.

1. Does it support repeaters?
  2. Does it support form fill out functionality with add/edit forms without login to admin area to edit entries. I want to give same functionality to users who has custom role and logged in using my own login system which uses same user in-built user table.
  3. Does it allows to disable certain fields when its only in edit mode.

Also I would like to integrate with paypal or stripe payment processor. Looking for your reply.

Thank you!

Does it support repeaters?

It doesn't support repeaters. 

Does it support form fill out functionality with add/edit forms without login to admin area to edit entries.

If you want to create new forms that don't already exist on the site, then you need to have some kind of administrative access. It does support access control for administrative users though, enabling you to have various levels of administration. For example, you could have a user that can browse entries, but can't edit the form.

I want to give same functionality to users who has custom role and logged in using my own login system which uses same user in-built user table.
I'm not sure I totally understand, but if that user role has some kind of access to the admin, you could assign whatever FormBuilder permissions you wanted to them. But keep in mind that administration of forms is really intended for administrators.

Does it allows to disable certain fields when its only in edit mode.

Hidden fields are supported. Hooks are also supported (like in the rest of ProcessWire), enabling you to modify what gets populated to a field before it gets saved. There is no "edit mode" except to administrators. When a user submits a form, they can't come back later and change their answers, for example. 

Also I would like to integrate with paypal or stripe payment processor.

It may be possible but I can't say for certain. I would suggest sticking with whatever code your payment provides gives to you. You could always experiment with it to see if you can make it a FormBuilder form, but I wouldn't depend on it. Payment processors will probably want you to use their code. 

• Like 1

Ryan, Thanks for getting back to me. I have to make decision based on your answers to go with custom development or use your Form Builder. I think I need to do some custom development as I am building membership system where member can login and update their profile and their family member info and also can buy membership and tickets for the event.

• 7 months later...

I have a question about the iFrame usage. I'm not really against it at all, but I was wondering why not use Ajax to send the forms? I realize there's likely a ton of extra markup that would be required, and it's probably better for compatibility, but it's just something I'm curious about. Or, better yet, is there any way to get it to use Ajax once the module, as-is, is installed? By no means is it a deal-breaker for me regarding the module, I'm just inquiring.

Btw, save for HTML/CSS, I'm not much of a coder, so pardon any naive questions.

Hi there,

the email confirmation always land to the spam folder, and the sender address is ftp051214@www05.servertown.ch (which is the name of the server i'm using).

Where can i edit the sender Email address, and will it solve the spam issue?

Thanks

• Like 1

@lenoir, I had a problem with emails going to spam.

For me the issue was I think the number of HTML links in the email (it looked as if perhaps the more there were the more algorithms saw an email as spam).

So I reduced the number of links as much as I could.

Setting the email sender address is something I asked about too. I just checked and I believe set it by going to

Form > Actions > Tick Send an auto-response email to submitter > open dropped-down detail row for Send an auto-response email to submitter. Good luck!

Thank you Alan. It only solved the issue with the email address for the auto-response. As for the email to the administrator, it's still got this weird auto-generated address. And now both mails end up in the spam ;-)

There aren't any html links in the email, though.

Hey Ryan and the pw forum.

I got a question that I hope someone can help me with:

A got a guy who's doing an auction of sorts on his pw site. It's not an ebay type thing it's for a limited time on a specific set of items. Each lot is a page with a repeater for the items in the lot and they all display on the frontend page using a foreach loop. When the bidding is enabled a little "bid" button shows up beside each lot number and when clicked will pop up an overlay form for the bidder to fill out with their info and bid amount. I want the form to auto populate the lot number and have a timestamp inserted on submit.

I was going to do it with the tectite formmail and ajaxsubmit so that it doesn't redirect but I read up on form builder and thought it would do what I want easier and better.

I just want to confirm I can manually include the form in a foreach which will create multiple instances on the page and auto fill in the lot number etc.

I think you'd be able to do this, but not 100% positive without seeing how it would all work. FormBuilder isn't meant to present multiple forms on the same page, though it can be done. It sounds like your forms would be popping up in a modal and perhaps you might technically only need one form in that case. The form could be populated with the lot number via a GET value in the URL (something that FormBuilder supports for pre-populating a form), and the timestamp is already recorded with each form submission. 

I think you'd be able to do this, but not 100% positive without seeing how it would all work. FormBuilder isn't meant to present multiple forms on the same page, though it can be done. It sounds like your forms would be popping up in a modal and perhaps you might technically only need one form in that case. The form could be populated with the lot number via a GET value in the URL (something that FormBuilder supports for pre-populating a form), and the timestamp is already recorded with each form submission.

Thanks for the response Ryan. I picked up form builder. I can see it would be very useful for a number of projects I have already completed but there are still some concerns I have with this instance.

I saw the bit: Preset field values from GET variables that says When checked, if a GET variable is present with the same name as a form field, the form field will be preset with the value from it. Which is great but the client specified that the lot number field be the page title because when administrating they go by lot number and it makes it easier to navigate to the proper page. But that means the GET variable won't have the same name as the form field. Or am I missing something?

I was hoping that the custom embed method might have configurable options similar to Soma's Simple Navigation

echo $forms->load('bid_form')->render(array (
   'initial_value' => lot_number = $page->lot_number
    ));
);

Or in the backend under initial value you maybe could select a field from there.

EDIT: OK. Just got access to the form builder support forum and I see this is already addressed. You da man Ryan. I will be licensing this many more times. Buy yourself something nice! :)

Which is great but the client specified that the lot number field be the page title because when administrating they go by lot number and it makes it easier to navigate to the proper page. But that means the GET variable won't have the same name as the form field. Or am I missing something?

I'm not sure that I understand, but you should have full control over your field names in FormBuilder. If you want a field to be automatically populated from a GET var, then you'd want that variable name (i.e. "myfield") to be what's specified in the URL, i.e. domain.com/path/to/form/page/?myfield=something. Likewise you'd want to use "myfield" (or whatever you named it) as the field name in FormBuilder. 

Also you mentioned populating those values programatically. You can do that like this:

$vars = array('foo' => 'bar'); 
echo $forms->embed('myform', $vars); 

If using it in a non-embedded way (like method C) then you'd just populate the values to your form the old fashioned way, like you would with an Inputfield form. 

• 1 month later...

Cannot embed Form Builder on a secondary language page?

If you are using Form Builder in an multi-language environment, using LanguageSupportPageNames, you’ll have to make sure that the page "Form Builder", which is created automatically for you (and not to be confused with the Form Builder settings), also has an active translated "name". See screenshot: 

pic_20140404_p6zmn.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Forum,

I bought a pro license for 3 domains soon after FormBuilder hit the market but have only used it for one project so far. I would like to use my remaining licenses now on a new project but wonder if my version from 2012 still works with PW 2.5? If not, how can I get an update? Do I have to buy a new license or is there a download for registered users?

Thanks!