After deleting a language: Error: Maximum function nesting level

Marcel Stäheli

I've been working on a multi-language website using xampp.

I was preparing the site to be uploaded and wanted to delete my temporary second language, since the site initially will only be in one language. But since I deleted the language I get this error on many pages of the website:

Error: Maximum function nesting level of '250' reached, aborting! (line 653 of C:\xampp\htdocs\site15\wire\core\Functions.php)

I'm aware that I can set the xdebug maximum nesting level. That's why it says 250, and not the standard 100. I had to increase it before, for something completly unrelated to this (as fas as I can tell) .

I increased the value up to 1000 and still get the same error. Whem I add a new second language again, everything works fine.

The deletion of the language breaks something. Does anybody have any idea?

No concrete idea, but just a few days ago somebody reported a weird behavior with xampp and xdebug.

Maybe if you had only de-activated the second language, instead of deleting it, you wouldn't have had any such problems. By de-activating, I mean simply edit your home page, go to settings tab, and un-check your 2nd language (see below screenshot)

You say you only "initially" have one language, and plan to activate the 2nd one later. Did you also change all multilang fields back to their "single-language" counterparts? Perhaps there's a root cause of your problems.

I'd try first to de-activate xdebug altogether, install Tracy Debugger, and see how that goes.

home-settings-languages.PNG

Thank you for your input.
I know about the checkbox, but I don't know what it does.

Because my language selector code still listed the deactivated language. Also I could still load every page in that language. That's why I deleted it, to me the checkbox has no effect.

I deactivated xdebug per your suggestion and tried to install the module tracyDebugger. But i get this error in PW:
Failed to init module: TracyDebugger - Tracy\Debugger::dispatch() called after some output has been sent. Try Tracy\OutputDebugger to find where output started.

And now, instead of the nesting level error, when I load a page I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65488 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\site15\wire\core\Functions.php on line 296