prestoav

Paywhirl with PW for Digital Subscription

Hi folks,

I have a marketplace site built on PW which I'd like to tie to a subscription payment system for those selling. The user accounts currently use specific PW user accounts. I'm looking closely at PayWhirl to manage payments and subscriptions as it looks ideal for subscriptions. Their API seems to work well too from initial testing.

I wondered if anyone else in this super forum had used PayWhirl and had any advice or tips & tricks?

Thanks.

https://app.paywhirl.com/

On 22/01/2018 at 4:01 PM, noelboss said:

Interested as well… what other options did you check out?

This looks nice as well!

https://snipcart.com/

Hi noelboss.

Thanks for the Snipcart recomendation. This looks very good. I'm investigating...

• Like 1

@prestoav, @noelboss

I also wanted a PayWhirl API for ProcessWire so just went ahead a built one. It's basic - simply a PW wrapper for the PayWhirl API but should be OK. Biggest gotcha I discovered was that at present, you need a paid PayWhirl account - not the freebie one. You could ask PayWhirl to grant access to your free account for development purposes... Will let you know their answer to my request for same.

• Like 3

As far as I can tell, translation for paywhirl is very limited (to one language) – a dealbreaker for us…

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeiJari
      Hello forum,
      This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 
      When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 
      <span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user- select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>  But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)
      I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:
      $page->edit('title'); But didn't work either.
      We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.
      Is this a bug related to current master or something else?
      Someone else having this problem as well?
    • By jom
      Hi everyone
      It seems that I don't fully understand the wireTempPath() function and I need some help.
      I use wireTempPath() to create a new location in assets/cache/WireTempDir and than copy a pdf from the assets/files/page folder to the new folder. I want the file to be accessible only for a limited time, that's why I use wireTempPath.
      The file seems to be copied to the right location, but gets deleted right afterwards, according to 
      As mentioned in the topic above, 
      $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); prevents the file to be deleted. But I like the file to be automatically deleted after a few days. So, how can I do that?
      My code so far (everything works, but the automatic removal of the tempDir folder):
      //generate and show download link $folder = time(); // timestamp as temporary folder $maxAge = (int) $settings->options_downloadlink_valid_hours * 3600; //tempDir wants maxAge as seconds $options = array( 'maxAge' => $maxAge ); $wireTempDir = wireTempDir($folder, $options); $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); $src_file = $page->ebook_download->filename; // Create a new directory in ProcessWire's cache dir if(wire('files')->mkdir($wireTempDir, $recursive = true)) { if(wire('files')->copy($src_file, $wireTempDir)){ //get subdirs from tempDir: $pos = strpos($wireTempDir, "WireTempDir"); $subdir = substr($wireTempDir, $pos, 100); $out .= "<p><a href='" . wire('pages')->get('template=passthrough')->httpUrl . "?file=" . $subdir . $page->ebook_download->basename . "' target='_blank'>$page->title</a></p>"; } } I appreciate any ideas - thanks!
      Oliver
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, this is my first security related post, so I'm a bit of a newbie.
      I understand that when I have direct front-input from user I should sanitize the input, but how about when I use a secret key for showing a API for a third-party supplier? Should I sanitize the input->get() key?
      I've tested this issue and I tried ?key=<?php echo $page->field; ?> And without adding any sanitization it comes back: /?key=<?php%20echo%20$page->field;%20?>
      So can I rely on this, or should I still use $sanitizer just in case?

Thanks for the help!
    • By EyeDentify
      I have been experimenting with the new $page->meta() method and find it useful.

Once i figured out that the data i "save" with it is tied to the page where i called the method from.

So this is not obvious at least not for me in the documentation:
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/page/meta/

So i just wanted to share that revelation with the community so you don´t get as confused as i was.

Happy Coding Everyone.
    • By MarcoPLY
      Hi everyone,
      a year ago we had put online a first version of our website, which didn't satisfy me much and had several bugs. This year I started working on a complete restyling, both in terms of functionality and graphic. I am very happy with the result obtained. Finally, last week we put this version online that I am proud to show you!
      Site EU: https://www.playwood.it/
      Site USA: https://www.us.playwood.it/
      It is an eCommerce for a small StartUp, the PlayWood, based in Reggio Emilia, Italy.
      The site is multilingual, has two areas of purchase and has two levels of registration. Redirectory based on the source IP for the USA customer and preferred language in the browser for the others countries. It has systems for use registration and sending emails dependent on specific actions, like: registration, purchase, request for quotes, information request, etc. Through the API the site communicates with external platforms such as the management software, Mailchimp and other systems to support marketing and company operations. 
      The site is constantly evolving, in the future we intend to add new features.
      The site was created with these modules:
      Padloper  Login/register Media Library ProCache PayPal Checkout Subscribe to Mailchimp Tracy Debugger Cookie Management Banner Continent and country names ImagePicker Field Map Marker External libraries:
      Spectre, scss framework Swiper slideshow verlok/lazyload fancybox
      Creating this site with ProcessWire represented a moment of strong professional growth. When I started I had little knowledge of some types of language, but Processwire and its APIs give me the ability to easily build pages, manipulate data and integrate any external library easily. Thus, I was able to deepen my knowledge more and more. So I wanted to thank the creators of the cms, who keeps it and who implements it, obviously all the people in the forum for the help they gave me, was very important.
      Thank you!