• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EyeDentify
      I as have been a bit confused for some time about how the "Markup Regions" functionality in Processwire worked.
      But i have know read a bit more and think that i am getting to grips with it. And Markup Regions is going to be huge.

To aid me in understanding Markup Regions better i started to read the Source code for the new "Regular" theme in conjunction with the Blog about the markup regions.
      It helped me a great deal to understand the basics and more fine details of it.

A tip is to open both links and use the Source code of the "Regular" theme while reading the blog post.

The Source code:
      https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/dev/site-regular/templates/_main.php
      The Blog post:
      https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.62-and-more-on-markup-regions/

I hope this could help others starting out with markup regions.
      Just take it slow and read it a couple a times and soon you will see the greatness of markup regions.

/EyeDentify 
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello Fellow PW Fans and Gurus.

I have run into a problem where i have created a template without a template file associated with it.
      Now i would like to HAVE a template file associated with it, not an alternate but as the main template file.

So i thought, that's easy, I upload the template file and change it in template settings but I only get the Alternate template file setting?

Ok so maybe i can change it via the API , so i wrote some code for this.
      <?PHP function changeTemplate($pages = null, $templates = null) { /* get the pages to change template on */ $logItems = $pages->findMany('template=tmp_log_item'); /* get the template object for our desired template */ $Template = $templates->get('tmp_new_log_item'); foreach($logItems AS $key => $logData) { /* use template object $Template to set template */ $logData->template = $Template; /* save page item */ $logData->save(); } } /* do the magic change */ changeTemplate(); ?> Needless to say, PW was not happy about this, It throw up an error message:
      Error: Exception: Invalid value sent to Page::setTemplate (in /home/virtual/mydomain/public_html/wire/core/Page.php line 1782)
      Now from what i understand i gave $logData->template the wrong type of value.
      So what should the value be to correct this?
      When I read the docs at: https://processwire.com/api/ref/page/
      the value can be "string" or "Template".

So i gave it a string and it went haywire.

How should I approach this cause I realy dont want to manually change template file on över 50 plus pages

Maybe I should use the Template class to create the value that the API wanted, but I am unsure how to use it.

Thank you for any info you can give me on this.

If you want more info to help me, ask and I will try my best to give it to you.
      Updated and Solved
      I solved the problem and have updated the code to reflect this.

Essentialy i used the get() method of $templates to get the template object for my template i wanted to use using the template name.
      I gave the Object to the $logData->template property and all went well.
      We learn something new every day.
      One Note:
      The template file you want to use must have been uploaded and added as a template in the Template section in the Admin for this code to work as expected.
    • By pwuser1
      First I am a PW student I think it's the best PHP Framework.  So please don't get me wrong when I asked when other Frameworks like the big 3 (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal) are too complicated to use or maintain (I tried them all) why are people still using them? PW is just too elegant in comparison even for a newbie like me.
    • By zaib
      I've a json file, and from json file I'm creating some dynamic pages, problem is how i can edit language field or how to add new filed through API
      I'm doing like this
      <?php $string = file_get_contents('incl/codes.json'); $json_a = json_decode($string, true); $arabic = $languages->get("Arabic"); $page->of(false); foreach($json_a as $code){ $p = new Page(); // create new page object $p->template = 'city_code'; // set template $p->parent = wire('pages')->get('/master_data/city_codes'); // set the parent $p->name = $code["CITY_CODE"]; // give it a name used in the url for the page $p->title = $code["CITY_CODE"]; // set page title (not neccessary but recommended) $p->title->setLanguageValue($arabic, $code["CITY_AR"]); $p->save(); } ?>  
    • By zaib
      I'm trying to save a select field with single select option but after clicking on save button i got error page, data in select options is more than 6000