Sign in to follow this  
louisstephens

Image Tags not displaying for Images in page edit

I have a "strange" issue with my dev set up, that I just noticed today. I set up an image field named "dev_gallery" and checked the "use tags" option when setting it up. I went to add a couple image to the field, and noticed that the tags option is not displaying at all for the image. Currently, the description field is the only current field on image edit. Have I missed a basic setting to enable this?

I am currently using PW 3.0.62 as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Displays image tags overlaid on the thumbnail using customisable colours. This makes it easier to see which images have which tags without needing to open the edit pane for individual images or changing to the list view.
      Screenshot

Usage
      Enable tags for one or more image fields. Install the Image Thumbnail Tags module. Optionally configure colours for any of your tags.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/ImageThumbnailTags
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/image-thumbnail-tags/
    • By calago
      after the migration to version 3.0.145 our export templates all of a sudden dont work properly, 
      we have a functionality where we use a boiler template with a set of fields. for some reason since the upgrade when we select the export template to export it. it wont show any of the fields added after the migration, 

as you can see the offer certificate remarks field has been added to the export, 
      but when we select it it wont come trough

• By EyeDentify
      Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
      There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.
      I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.
      Update:
      After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
      But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1 And here is a screenshot of the event:

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
      But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify
    • By Andi
      Continuing my journey into PW hooks, I'm trying to find a way to retrieve all images from a page that explicitly *do not* have a certain tag (or tags) attached to them.
      Found this post from 2015
      But I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to go about this.
      Let's say I have a multi-image field called "images_header" and instead of
      $page->images_header->findTag('mytag'); I would like to do this:
      $page->images_header->excludeTag('mytag'); So I'd be able to do
      // find images that don't have the tag "mytag" $images = $page->images_header->excludeTag('mytag'); // check if there's any images if (count($images)>0) { // do something.. } Would this be possible by hooking into Pagefiles somehow?
      There's this bit in /wire/core/Pagefiles.php Line 626 that I'd basically just need to reverse (or at least in my mind 😄 )
      public function findTag($tag) { $items = $this->makeNew(); foreach($this as $pagefile) { if($pagefile->hasTag($tag)) $items->add($pagefile); } return $items; } Any ideas on how this could be done in a graceful manner?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By rushy
      Hi all
      Continuing my first project where I am creating and manipulating stuff from the frontend. Till now I've always added things like images from the backend, but in this project I need to add and move images from a frontend control. This is a photo album where images are stored in albums, each album being a page containing a Pageimages array in the usual way. So what I want to know is how do I move an image from one album (page) to another in the frontend? I just need some guidance on how to approach this.  I suppose I need to do a copy and delete - but how do I copy an image or images from one page to another? What function should I use to create a new image on an existing page? I include a code snippet from the server side of my delete image request and it works fine. I'd like to implement something similar for a move and upload new image request. 
      Many thanks for any help. Paul 
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; // sanitize inputs as 1-line text $action = $sanitizer->text($input->post('action')); $instr = $sanitizer->text($input->post('input')); $sel = $input->post('selected'); // Expect JSON for image selected image list $selected = json_decode($sel); $nosel = count($selected); $response = array(); // for building JSON response switch($action) { // delete selected images case 'delete': $out = "<p>Deleted $nosel image(s)</p>"; foreach($selected as $item){ $album = $pages->get($item->album); $album->of(false); $out .= "<p>Image {$item->file} from album {$album->title}</p>"; $album->images->delete($item->file); $album->of(true); } $out .= saveUpdatedAlbums($pages, $selected); // add the response message for the delete $response['message'] = $out; break; ...... // save any album that had an image deleted function saveUpdatedAlbums($pages, $selected) { $cur = ''; $out = ''; foreach($selected as $item){ $album = $pages->get($item->album); if($album->id != $cur) { $album->of(false); $album->save('images'); $album->of(true); $cur = $album->id; $out .= "<p>Updated album {$pages->get($cur)->title}</p>"; } } return $out; }