Antonio Iorio

Hi guys, as I would need your support. I state to be a beginner and I met the application the day before yesterday for the first time.
I'm creating a manga reading site using wiremanga and I need to know how I can incorporate altervista advertising. (this is my site if you could serve http://dgtread.altervista.org/)
I have also modified some elements of both the .css and php files but despite saving they are not updated.

• Like 1

Hi Antonio, and welcome to the forum.

With regard to incorporating altervista advertising, I did not see any reference (I don't speak Italian) regarding any form of advertising options for their hosted members. I did notice they have a support forum link at the bottom of the page. I would ask your advertising question there. Once you have the necessary information you can ask here how best to include that information.

Regarding your css and php file changes, you usually need to clear any cached data in your browser before you see any changes.

• Like 1

Hi Rick, I thank you for the timely reply!
In fact, as far as cached, I had thought about it. I'll try.

As for the advertising of altervista, in fact I have not explained well... In the management panel, they offer the ability to insert banners and start making money by giving a link like: see attachment

what I asked is where should I put them :S

Cattura.PNG

Hi @Antonio Iorio,

Regarding where to place your ads, is dependant on the ad itself. For example, a creative with wide dimensions doesn't fit in a sidebar. When I wrote the ad manager plugin fo wp many years ago, I referenced the IAB Standards for ad sizes. In your screenshot you will notice a Leaderboard 728x90 type ad. This ad is designed to display in one of three locations (I used the term zone in my plugin). This banner should be placed in the header and or footer of your page, or even between two separate sections of body content.

The <script> section of your screenshot is apparently how altervista wants you to include the ads. You would simply edit your PW templates and include that script at the location you want the ad to appear. You repeat that process for all the ads you want to present. One note of caution. While ads can be a good means to generate a small income, you should use them sparingly. No user wants to weed through a bunch of ads in order to continue reading your content. So I would keep with the old axiom, less is more. :)

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

• Like 3