cosmicsafari

LazyCron Stops Firing

Hi all,

I have noticed that LazyCorn seems to run maybe once or twice and then just stops.

Has anybody else encountered this, I have the following within 2 different modules.

public function init(){
    $this->addHookAfter('ProcessModule::executeEdit', $this, 'configurableButtons');
    wire()->addHook('LazyCron::every15Minutes', $this, 'autoGenerate');
}
public function init(){
    wire('forms')->addHookAfter('ProcessModule::executeEdit', $this, 'configurableButtons');
    wire()->addHook('LazyCron::everyHour', $this, 'getExport');
}

Does having multiple LazyCrons setup cause any issues?

LazyCron is driven by user visits. Are you sure the site is being visited regularly? If you need to guarantee a run, you need to setup a cron job to visit a page on your site, or simply use cron itself to drive your tasks. Another possibility is that the cron script is timing out behind the scenes and leaving the LC script jammed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, netcarver said:

LazyCron is driven by user visits. Are you sure the site is being visited regularly? If you need to guarantee a run, you need to setup a cron job to visit a page on your site, or simply use cron itself to drive your tasks. Another possibility is that the cron script is timing out behind the scenes and leaving the LC script jammed.

The site has a regular flow of visitors so I don't suspect it is that, the timing out issue could be possible right enough.

What would be the best way to un-jam it if thats the issue? Uninstall/Reinstall LazyCron?

Hi @cosmicsafari

Just look in the cache directory for a file called LazyCronLock.cache. If it is there for more than half a minute (or however long you estimate your code should run for) then delete it to unjam LazyCron. If this keeps happening, then there could be something in your hook method that is timing out and leaving the lock file there.

Here's some code to return the location of the file if you want to do it programmatically...

function getLazyCronLockfileName() {
    return wire('config')->paths->cache . "LazyCronLock.cache";
}

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarkE
      LazyCron operates on an elapsed time interval, but you may want it to operate at specified times.
      Assuming your website is going to be visited sufficiently frequently (either by real users or by a Cron job), you can do this by editing the file /assets/cache/LazyCron.cache. This file contains 21 timestamps – one for each of the LazyCron specified intervals (e.g. “everyMinute”). The timestamp denotes when that interval was last triggered. To make the trigger happen at the required time, change the timestamp in the matching row to be when the previous trigger should have occurred.
      To make this easier, I have done an Excel spreadsheet (“Lazycron_fill.xlsx”) to simplify the process – just enter the required benchmark timings and copy the result into the LazyCron.cache file.
      Lazycron_fill.xlsx
    • By Lmwt
      Hi there,
      I am new to PW but already very convinced. I need to build a dropdown button to browse in a collection of authors by country and language. The dropdown should be editable in the BACK and displayed on the same as the authors collection. I tried my luck with "PageField Creator" but I don't know how to display the dropdown, I simply used: 
      "$content .=$page->Land;" (the name of the select field)
      but nothing is displayed...
      I see there is a 2nd module out there to achieve this : "Select Options Fieldtype". I am not sure what is the difference, anyone has a tip?
      And a clear tutorial with the necessary steps to build this? I am a bit confused which should be the parent template or page, if it should have a file or not...
      Thanks a lot in advance!
    • By Noel Boss
      👋 PW Pros…
      I have some hooks that I need to bind at the init phase (or even __construct) and I was wondering, and I couldn't find a good and simple way to determine if I'm in the admin. Would be nice if there is a reliable short option to do so, but I can't seem to find one… Is there a coherent way to tell this no matter where I am?
      Right now, I use the following method inside one of my modules:
      public function isAdmin($page = null) { if ( strpos($this->input->url, $this->urls->admin) !== false || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageList || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageEdit || ($page instanceof Page && $page->rootParent->id == $this->config->adminRootPageID) ) { return true; } return false; } @ryan wouldn't it be nice to have something like wire()->isAdmin(); like wire()->user->isLoggedin(); to tell if we are in admin – very early on (probably even in __construct() phase of modules?
    • By benbyf
      Hi!
      Been doing some basic Twilio implementation for a client to enable them to automatically send text messages to registered users on page publish. As an upshot, I thought I would strip out the site specific work and stick up on github here: https://github.com/benbyford/TwilioChannels
      This modules pulls in the Twilio APi and enables you to send SMS messages from your front or backend.
      Send SMS message Truncate message to single message character limit Auto-select number from range of numbers depending on $To number country of origin–this enables you to send messages with a local number to that user if one added to the config. Templates usage:
      $twilio = $modules->get("TwilioChannels"); $twilio->sendSMS($toNumber, $message);  
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum! I'm trying to learn how to time up my functions by using lazycron but I can't get it fired up. 
      Here's my code in site/init.php:
      function setEventToRepeat(HookEvent $e) { $wire->log->message("kutsutaan cron"); $events = $wire->pages->find('template=tapahtuma'); die(var_dump($events)); $wire->log->message('Kaikki tapahtumat haettu:' .$events); }   $wire->addHook('LazyCron::every30Seconds', null, 'setEventToRepeat'); I get nothing in the logs and can't echo or dump anything
      Thanks for the help!