Roych

menu not clickable - redirect help

Hello

I need some help with redirecting. I have create a template called (redirect) and AssistedURL field called (redirect_link) for redirecting a page if necessary.

In template I've added:

<?php if($page->redirect_link) $session->redirect($page->redirect_link); ?>

redirect is working, but is it possible to create a link non clickable also, maybe with placing # for link? If I place # now it gives the whole link of the site with /# at the end and gives blank page. So placing (#) would disable a link totaly or something.

Hope u understand what I mean

Thank you

R

14 minutes ago, rick said:

Here is a good read.

Thank you for answer, but not really sure how could this help me ;) It's just sometimes the parent menu need's to be unclickable but not sure how to do that from my code above as I'm not a coder, so any help is appreciated.

Thank you

R

Hi @Roych,

I'm not quite sure I understand. When you say you have a field for redirecting if necessary, what does necessary mean? And a non-clickable link is just text. Can you expand your requirements further so I understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish please? Maybe a screen shot of a similar interface?

It is for main menu and sometimes a link in main menu has to be redirected to external link or non clickable. Sometimes parrent menu has to be non clickable but childrens normal. So the code above is working great for internal and external redirecting (linking) all I need is the posibillity to make it non cliickable also, so maybe with # or something.

So for that kind of page I would give it a redirect template and just enter the url or #.

Don't have any screenshot of something similar :( Hope u understand ...

Im using MarkupSimpleNavigation. I was hoping that there is some if-else possibility with my upper code, so when # is pasted then the link is disabled. Not a coder, that is why I asked here.

Thank you

R

Don't worry about whether you are a coder or not. This community is full of people that are glad to help you with whatever issues you may have. We just need more information to do so. Post the code you have to work with and someone here will be along shortly to help you get it sorted.

if you have a little courage (and if anyone else is interested), I can write you a little tutorial but you must put your hands dirty 😁, let me know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flydev said:

if you have a little courage (and if anyone else is interested), I can write you a little tutorial but you must put your hands dirty 😁, let me know.

Sure, what do you have in mind?

R

On 13. 1. 2018 at 1:02 PM, flydev said:

You will end up with a PHP function (written by @mindplay.dk) ,two templates and pages which will define your menu. I will write the tutorial a bit later in the afternoon.

I know you are probably very busy but still. ;) Any update on this maybe?

Thank you ;)

R

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jploch
      Hey folks,
      currently Iam working on a website for one of my clients and I need some advice on how to approach this in PW.
      The website is for a company, that offers holiday houses in two locations. 

The client wants the homepage to show the first location. Normally I just have a home template for the first page, but here the URL should reflect that you are in Location 1. So when you visit the URL casamani.com it should redirect to casamani.com/location-1. Not sure if this makes sense at all.

Whould it be bad for SEO and performance reasons to redirect home to the Location-1 page?
      Another approach would be to render the Location-1 template on the home template or do an include like discussed here.
      Here is how the tree looks:
      – Home
      – Location 1 (Homepage)
           – Creation
           – Adventure
           – Sustainability
      – Location 2 
           – Creation
           – Adventure
           – Sustainability

Thanks for looking into this!
    • By theoretic
      Hi guys and ladies! And thanks for Processwire!
      It appears i've got an interesting issue concerning the template-settings-based PW redirects dealing with access control. Any PW template has some access control options i.e. "Login redirect URL or page ID to render". If this option is used for a page having a template with this option filled, a redirect will occur if user is not logged in and/or has insufficient access rights.
      I like to hook PW events. In one of my current projects i decided to write an addHookBefore('Session::redirect', ...) which should store the page we are being redirected from. With "regular" redirects like $session->redirect('/somewhere/') this hook works like a charm. But it was strange to see that it doesn't work with the template-settings-based redirect.
      I'm too dumb to dive deep inside PW and to examine the whole PW session mechanism. But it could be rather logical if ANY redirect ( no matter template-settings-based or using $session->redirect() ) could be hooked in the same manner.
      Okay okay i can forget about template-settings-based redirect and write my own. Just a couple of lines of code, and it works. But it's less elegant than hooking the template-settings-based redirects.
      So am i missing something? It this behavior a bug, or is it intended by PW team? Thanks in advance for any comment!
    • By stanoliver
      Hi! 
      The following code snippet is part of my markup simple navigation and the url_redirect (url field in the backend) just works fine when I put an special custom url into the url_redirect field.
      <?php $nav = $modules->get("MarkupSimpleNavigation"); // topnav $current = $page->rootParent(); // current root page // subnav echo $nav->render(array( 'max_levels' => 2, 'item_tpl' => '<h4><a class="g8-bar-item g8-hover-black" href="{url_redirect|url}">{title}</a></h4><hr class="sidenav">', 'collapsed' => true, ), $page, $current); ?>  In my seperated breadcrumb navigation I use the following code snippet
      <?php foreach($page->parents()->append($page) as $parent) { echo "<li><a href='{$parent->url_redirect|url}'>{$parent->title}</a></li>"; } ?> Now to the problem: In my first code snippet above the
      url_redirect|url 
      works just fine but when I try something similiar in the second code snippet
      $parent->url_redirect|url
      I produce an server error How do I have to change the second code snippet so that it works in the correct way as the first code snippet does?
    • By Orkun
      Hi Guys
      How can I make a redirect inside the .htaccess to my custom maintenance.html file when any URL of my Website is accessed except the processwire admin (www.example.com/processwire/).
      Because I want that my User's still can access the website when they are loggedin in Processwire.
      When the current url starts with /processwire or if there is a processwire-login-cookie (Is there a cookie when user is logged in Processwire?) available the redirect should not work. Otherwise it should work.
      How can I achieve this?