menu not clickable - redirect help

Roych

Hello

I need some help with redirecting. I have create a template called (redirect) and AssistedURL field called (redirect_link) for redirecting a page if necessary.

In template I've added:

<?php if($page->redirect_link) $session->redirect($page->redirect_link); ?>

redirect is working, but is it possible to create a link non clickable also, maybe with placing # for link? If I place # now it gives the whole link of the site with /# at the end and gives blank page. So placing (#) would disable a link totaly or something.

Hope u understand what I mean

Thank you

R

14 minutes ago, rick said:

Here is a good read.

Thank you for answer, but not really sure how could this help me ;) It's just sometimes the parent menu need's to be unclickable but not sure how to do that from my code above as I'm not a coder, so any help is appreciated.

Thank you

R

Hi @Roych,

I'm not quite sure I understand. When you say you have a field for redirecting if necessary, what does necessary mean? And a non-clickable link is just text. Can you expand your requirements further so I understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish please? Maybe a screen shot of a similar interface?

It is for main menu and sometimes a link in main menu has to be redirected to external link or non clickable. Sometimes parrent menu has to be non clickable but childrens normal. So the code above is working great for internal and external redirecting (linking) all I need is the posibillity to make it non cliickable also, so maybe with # or something.

So for that kind of page I would give it a redirect template and just enter the url or #.

Don't have any screenshot of something similar :( Hope u understand ...

Don't worry about whether you are a coder or not. This community is full of people that are glad to help you with whatever issues you may have. We just need more information to do so. Post the code you have to work with and someone here will be along shortly to help you get it sorted.

On 13. 1. 2018 at 1:02 PM, flydev said:

You will end up with a PHP function (written by @mindplay.dk) ,two templates and pages which will define your menu. I will write the tutorial a bit later in the afternoon.

I know you are probably very busy but still. ;) Any update on this maybe?

Thank you ;)

R