modifiedcontent

Field type for a text-based array?

Another dumb question:

Is there a field type for a text-based array?

In my case I need to store an array of RSS feeds for SimplePie. Storing that list of links in a textarea - text formatted to look like an array - doesn't work with the script. It works with one link.

The images field is an array. I assumed there would be an equivalent for URLs or text in general.

Or is there another approach for these cases?

Edit:

I guess using the optional (module) Repeater field type is the best solution in this case? I have now a working solution based on that. Still curious about other ideas.

2 hours ago, modifiedcontent said:

Is there a field type for a text-based array?

You mean JSON? Or Serialized array?

Here are a couple of posts (not all may be directly relevant in your case, though).

• Like 2

You mean JSON? Or Serialized array?

Either or both! A JSON field would probably be most useful.

I am watching some of those other threads. Simplepie takes input as a list of comma-separated links, not key => value - does that type of array have a name? I managed to make it work with a repeater field.

I use FieldtypeYaml module because it is relatively easy to manually edit Yaml. JSON is easy to read but not so easy to manually edit. It is a good choice using FieldtypeYaml for not too complex config fields , I think.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stanoliver
      Hi! 
      The following code snippet is part of my markup simple navigation and the url_redirect (url field in the backend) just works fine when I put an special custom url into the url_redirect field.
      <?php $nav = $modules->get("MarkupSimpleNavigation"); // topnav $current = $page->rootParent(); // current root page // subnav echo $nav->render(array( 'max_levels' => 2, 'item_tpl' => '<h4><a class="g8-bar-item g8-hover-black" href="{url_redirect|url}">{title}</a></h4><hr class="sidenav">', 'collapsed' => true, ), $page, $current); ?>  In my seperated breadcrumb navigation I use the following code snippet
      <?php foreach($page->parents()->append($page) as $parent) { echo "<li><a href='{$parent->url_redirect|url}'>{$parent->title}</a></li>"; } ?> Now to the problem: In my first code snippet above the
      url_redirect|url 
      works just fine but when I try something similiar in the second code snippet
      $parent->url_redirect|url
      I produce an server error How do I have to change the second code snippet so that it works in the correct way as the first code snippet does?
    • By Macaco
      Hi there, 
      I have two templates that should talk to each other. One is for events which should access a list of artists (eventually add a new artist) and their images related to that event; the second is the artist page, which the user should be able to add or remove events that they participated, also mentioning which images are related to each event.
      Some sort of feedback loop between the two.
      I have tried searching around the community and google, but maybe I'm not formulating the question properly. 
      Thank you all for the amazing work with Processwire and the community support. I have made a few websites with PCW yet I'm still quite between beginner and intermediate.
    • By gregory
      Hi everyone.
      I can't see the PDF uploaded via a field called "pdf".
      I get a url like this: http://localhost:8888/mywebsite/site/assets/files/1129/test.pdf%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF
      Could anyone help me? Thank you.
      <?php foreach($page->case_studies as $item) { if($item->type == 'contenuto') { echo " <a class='btn btn-primary btn-sm' target='blank' href='{$item->pdf->first()->url}' role='button'>Download</a> "; } } ?>  
    • By Robin S
      Thanks to @Macrura for the idea behind this module.
      Page Field Info
      Adds information about options in Page Reference fields. Supports InputfieldSelect and inputfields that extend InputfieldSelect:
      InputfieldSelect InputfieldRadios InputfieldSelectMultiple InputfieldCheckboxes InputfieldAsmSelect Requires ProcessWire >= 3.0.61 and AdminThemeUikit.
      Screenshots
      Field config

Example of changes to inputfield

Example of info field filled out in Page Edit

Installation
      Install the Page Field Info module.
      Configuration
      In the Input tab of the settings for a Page Reference field...
      Tick the "Add info tooltips to options" checkbox to enable tooltips for the options in the field. Tooltips are not possible for Select or AsmSelect inputfield types so for those types you would want to tick the next option. Tick the "Append info about selected options" checkbox to append information about the selected options to the bottom of the inputfield. If the Page Reference field is a "multiple pages" field then the info for each selected option will be prefixed with the option label (so the user will know what option each line of info relates to). In the "Info field" dropdown select a text field that will contain information about the page, to be used in the tooltips and appended info. Of course this field should be in the template(s) of the selectable pages for the Page Reference field. Hook
      In most cases the "Info field" will supply the text for the tooltips and appended info, but for advanced usages you can hookPageFieldInfo::getPageInfo() to return the text. For example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('PageFieldInfo::getPageInfo', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); // The page $inputfield = $event->arguments(1); // InputfieldPage $field = $event->arguments(2); // The Page Reference field $info = $event->return; // Text from the info field, if any // Set some custom text as the $event->return... });  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageFieldInfo
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-field-info/
    • By ce90
      Hello everyone,
      hopefully this is the right place to ask and is not a duplicate question.
      I'm pretty new to processwire, so... if this question is kind of funny for some of you, you're welcome 😄 
      I have the following issue and can't find anything understandable about it. Maybe I'm searching the wrong way, but anyways.. here is my question:

How is it possible to rewrite the URLs, that I'll get a *.php ending?
      Example:
      https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/ -> https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment.php
      https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/urlsegment/ -> https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/urlsegment.php
      Because I've read a lot about "Why do you wanna do this or have that?" – here my answer for that in advance:
      I've built a processwire installation inside or around an existing website. Therefore, we want to keep the existing *.php Google entries. Sure, we could redirect via 301 Redirect, but would prefer to keep the *.php ending.
      If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
      Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards
      ce90