JurgenP

Different 'Categories' of templates/pages?

First of all I'm as new to ProcessWire (PW) as they come, so bear with me if I ask stupid questions with obvious answers.

I started looking into PW because I'm looking for something that would take out some of the grunt work of building an applications, yet be flexible enough to be able to implement custom functionality.

I'm trying to work out if PW is suitable for my needs, ...

A the moment I'm trying to create an architecture for a web platform on which multiple websites/webshops (750-1000) for pharmacists will be run.
The websites will have different types of information, obviously there will be the 'own' pages the pharmacists create themselves.
But as pharmacists tend 'not to be computer people' there is also content provided by the platform to make the site look alive, as well as public health information provided by the goverment.
I was wondering if there is a way to structure/set up PW so that they have full access to their own content, and limited access (basically chose to publish it or not) to the externally provided content.
Also is there a way to have the templates/page for the own content located in their own folder, and the 'external ones' in a shared folder so that they don't have to be repeated 1000 times on the server (and if modifications need to be done, it only has to be done once as well).

Sincerely,

Jurgen

1 hour ago, adrian said:

You might also find this post: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/11499-admin-restrict-branch/?do=findComment&comment=144184 by @kixe useful - it talks about using that module with the multi-site module - I think this combination will help with what you want to achieve.

Thank you very much for that one, Adrian. I'll definately look into that one.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By angelo, italy
      Hi guys... I love pw!
      I'm trying to update a template of the multilanguagge website. I created a field, i called it "headimage" and I added it to the home template. .. . But I can t see any image!!! Where is the issue??
      Thanks
      my friends

• By sambadave
      Hi everyone, here's the problem I'm trying to solve.
      I have a config area in my PW admin that is locked down for admin use. I use pages to store a bunch of settings that I'll use for my clients website. It's mostly used for visual things like colours and theming. This list could be tiny or large, depending on the sites requirements, but its great because I can store any information I want to. So the page tree could look something like this:
      ADMIN SETUP
      Home Config Aesthetics Colours Red Field: Custom Label - "Red" Field: Class name - "theme--red' Green Field: Custom Label - "Green" Field: Class name - "theme--green' Blue Field: Custom Label - "Blue" Field: Class name - "theme--blue' etc... Sizes Small Field: Custom Label - "Small" Field: Class name - "sm' Medium Field: Custom Label - "Medium" Field: Class name - "md Large Field: Custom Label - "Medium" Field: Class name - "lg" etc... Icons Target Field: Custom Label - "Hands shaking Icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' Target Field: Custom Label - "Target icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' Success Field: Custom Label - "Happy face icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' etc... HOW I USE THIS
      I'm then able to set up page reference fields for colour, size and icons. I'll use these fields on particular pages so that my clients can select a particular colour, size or icon, or anything really. Currently, with the page reference field I can create a custom label for the options. So for something like colour I can label the field "Theme" and present a list of colours like "Red, "Green" and "Blue" using the custom page label label format of the colours page.
      This of course means that I can use this to do some lovely presentation on the front end of the site. With a colour selected I'll then be able to use the page reference to get the class name for that colour theme so that I can update the page's look and feel. So in my markup I'd end up with "theme--red" or "theme--green" etc.
      THE PROBLEM
      I have this all working which is great and it's really flexible for the client which they love. However, I'd love to be able to make things more visual for the client.
      Is there a way to be able to output more than just text in the page reference field? I might have a bunch of different blue colours, so instead of a list like so:
      Navy Blue Deep Blue Bright Blue Sea Blue ... it would be great to be able to output actual colour swatches, which is a lot mor visual for the client.
      Taking the icon selector, I would ideally like to show the actual svg that I've stored against that icon as a selectable image instead of seeing text options like:
      Hands shaking icon Target icon Happy face icon Just a couple of scenarios here, but as you can see there could be any number of reasons to display a more visual method of selection.
      ANY SOLUTIONS?
      I've looked at modules like FieldtypeColorPicker which could help in solving the colour issue, but it doesn't allow me to select a colour and then use a particular class name assigned to it the way I describe above.
      Considering the other use cases I mention above, does anyone know if anything exists already that would help me to create custom presentaion for page reference lists, or if there's anything planned?
      Thank you in advance for anyone who's read this far and has any words of wisdom!
      Dave

• By EyeDentify
      Hello Gentlemen and Ladies.

I have not posted for a while but now i need your help figuring out some things.
      The Documentation has come a long way and i love it.
      Though on the page:
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/pageimages/

I am trying to figure out if when i want to add an image to an existing image field with multiple images alldready in it and using the method $page->images->add()
      <?PHP /* get the images object array for the Page */ $myPageImg = $page->images; /* define the image to add */ $newImg = 'http://www.somesite.com/image.jpg'; /* Thanks Autofahrn, forgot about the output formating */ $page->of(false); /* create a new Pageimage object with the given URL and add to the Pageimages array */ $myPageImg->add($newImg); /* save the page */ $page->save(); ?> I am pretty sure i missed a few steps in the code above?
      Is that string suppose to be an URL like "http://www.somesite.com/image.jpg" and the method will automaticly download the image and create an Pageimage Object and add it to Pageimages array or does it have to exist on the host first and i supply a file path to that image?

I guess im confused about that, hope you guys could clarify that for me.

And if it needs to be allready downloaded to my host before adding the image, what would be the best API methods for that task?
      Just point me in the right direction and i will figure it out.
      Sorry for the bad explaination but i could not figure out a better way of asking.

Thanks in advance.
      /EyeDentify
    • By JeevanisM
      Hi All,
      I am trying to build a PW website upon the  HTML design as shown here : https://bit.ly/2HxZbwr
      As you can see,  I use a repeated block to display a divider between sections on the page, its an image background-text on top. The screenshot is here :
      Now, I created a new field for this block content and attach that field to my Home Page template. But in HTML design, I used this block in two places, on on top side, and one on the footer. Now, when I do it in PW, can I use one same field multiple times in a single page template ? I have read this thread about using fields in efficient way, but I could not figure out, how to use same field multiple times in a page template.

I hope I did not confused any one with my query, please let me know the correct PW way to achieve  this.

thanks
      Jeevz

• By AndZyk
      Hello,
      when you add a page you can see the page name of the page under the page title field. But when you change the page title afterwards, you have to go to the settings tab to also change the page name.
      We have many clients that change the page title afterwards but forget to change the page name, because they don't look in the settings tab or forget it.
      Is it possible to show the page name on the content tab under the page title?
      I hate to say this, but I like how WordPress handles this better:

Or should I open an GitHub request?
      Regards, Andreas