Different 'Categories' of templates/pages?

JurgenP

First of all I'm as new to ProcessWire (PW) as they come, so bear with me if I ask stupid questions with obvious answers.

I started looking into PW because I'm looking for something that would take out some of the grunt work of building an applications, yet be flexible enough to be able to implement custom functionality.

I'm trying to work out if PW is suitable for my needs, ...

A the moment I'm trying to create an architecture for a web platform on which multiple websites/webshops (750-1000) for pharmacists will be run.
The websites will have different types of information, obviously there will be the 'own' pages the pharmacists create themselves.
But as pharmacists tend 'not to be computer people' there is also content provided by the platform to make the site look alive, as well as public health information provided by the goverment.
I was wondering if there is a way to structure/set up PW so that they have full access to their own content, and limited access (basically chose to publish it or not) to the externally provided content.
Also is there a way to have the templates/page for the own content located in their own folder, and the 'external ones' in a shared folder so that they don't have to be repeated 1000 times on the server (and if modifications need to be done, it only has to be done once as well).

Sincerely,

Jurgen

1 hour ago, adrian said:

You might also find this post: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/11499-admin-restrict-branch/?do=findComment&comment=144184 by @kixe useful - it talks about using that module with the multi-site module - I think this combination will help with what you want to achieve.

Thank you very much for that one, Adrian. I'll definately look into that one.

• Like 1