Trying to use categories to refine results

mikhail

Hello, Just started w/PW a couple days ago. I am trying to use a category tree I have made to refine the results shown instead of just showing pages with just the one category that was clicked on by the user (unless it is the last category in that branch.

I have many images, all using a single "image" template. One image/One Page. Each image page has a field for "location_category" (in addition to numerous other fields for each image)

I've created another template "location_category" and made my category tree under that. My menu markup on the front end appears to be working fine,

Eg:

Locations->

California->

Los Angeles->

Hollywood->

West Hollywood

San Diego->

Mission Beach

Pacific Beach

I am trying to make it so when a user clicks on "California", all images in California are shown in the results, when they click down to Hollywood, then only images for Hollywood and West Hollywood are shown etc.

Code I am using now only shows the items in that exact category-
$pano_results = $pages->find("location_category=$page,  sort=-shoot_date, limit=10");

What are the additional selectors I will need to achieve the above? I am not having much luck finding the precise method because of so many different variations of people's issues with page selects and parents/children.

I hope there is a simple method?

Thanks