Banner ads?

Just snooping around for a project, seeing what I can do on a shoestring budget.

The client wants something like a directory site, and needs banners. Ideally, impressions, something to control what banners show where, and the option to use own or Google banners. But honestly a well built banners solution alone would blow the budget. I'll probably end up having to skip this one.

@heldercervantes , I had to build something from scratch but unfortunately, it's coupled with the site I built it for at the moment despite my best efforts to make it more modular.

None of it is in a PW Module although they are all constructed as separate PHP Object Classes at this stage.
I had success with it if it's an ad that isn't from one of the advertising platforms out there, i.e. what I call an independent or internal ad.

I'm having some issues with some Ads not showing up if it's an Ad from 1 of these Adverting platforms. It's a real pain in the <XXX>, ads!

A module that can handle ads would be a huge boost for the Processwire platform.  Unfortunately, this is my first attempt at Ads and I would really need someone who is well versed in Web Advertising to help me to undertake such a big task if I were to contemplate doing it.

1 hour ago, FrancisChung said:

A module that can handle ads would be a huge boost for the Processwire platform. 

Agree. This sounds like a great candidate for a module. I was surprised seeing this barely mentioned in the forum.

Unfortunately I myself have very little experience with ad management and wouldn't be the best guy for outlining less obvious features for such a thing.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:03 PM, heldercervantes said:

Does anyone happen to have a banner ads management module laying around?

I wrote an ad sponsor plugin for wp many moons ago. I thought of porting it to PW as my first project, but quickly realized I didn't know squat about PW so it wound up on the shelf. If anyone is interested in taking on a project like this I'd be more than happy to send you the source to the original plugin and answer any questions about ad/sponsor management.

• Like 1