ProcessFileManager

matjazp

55 minutes ago, Pixrael said:

Is Processwire losing traction?? ... lately I have read many comments in this forum from several of the most prominent people in the discussions who are no longer working with Processwire .. ???

I've read those comments too, but more than worrying about Processwire loosing traction I've wondered what other tools those developers are using right now and why.
As you know the tech/development stacks vary a lot depending from too many variables to list them all.

To me Pw is healthier than ever, even though I'm FIRMLY convinced that pw lacks of marketing share because of "poor/dated" ui/ux design in term of presentation (I'm looking at you).
This makes me sad and mad at the same time.
Off-topic is over, thanks :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pixrael said:

Is Processwire losing traction?? ... lately I have read many comments in this forum from several of the most prominent people in the discussions who are no longer working with Processwire

Peoples' life change and lots of us pick ProcessWire for our own freelancing projects and others use it because the company they work for uses it. When freelancing is no longer an option in one's life and/or one needs to work in another team/company then it often happens that ProcessWire is no longer an option either. I don't think that this has anything to do with PW losing traction or not.

Ryan has already stated a lot of times that he wants to drive ProcessWire forward for at least the next ten years and even more... As long as he is behind the project, ProcessWire will be pushed forward for sure. He has also stated so many times that he is not interested in marketing shares and the like. He is also not interested in "growing it" in this regard. We need to live with this, ProcessWire is his baby after all... 

• Like 1

I'm sorry.. I did not want to distort this forum topic, it is just that this fact caught my attention .. ProcessFileManager is an interesting solution to fix something in a hurry, you just have to apply a very good access control. Years ago, when I was traveling and I was using ICE Coder (https://icecoder.net/) in a project and it worked well for me, then when I return I uninstalled it.

• Like 1

Just now, Pixrael said:

ProcessFileManager is an interesting solution to fix something in a hurry

Tracy's File Editor panel allows you to easily fix stuff. It doesn't have the file management component like this module, but it works for my needs when I am away from my dev machine. 

• Like 1

Reopening the offtopic for a moment ?

19 hours ago, Pixrael said:

Is Processwire losing traction?? ... lately I have read many comments in this forum from several of the most prominent people in the discussions who are no longer working with Processwire .. ???

I guess life takes people in other directions. That's not my case though (the older ones must remember me a bit ?). Still working with ProcessWire every day, and I'm hugely thankful to Ryan for this. Just not posting much lately. I have a bunch of sites to add to the directory and have to find a bit of time and will to do it. Aside from Processwire I'm also exploring Svelte and the very new (still in Beta) SvelteKit. They don't replace Processwire though, and can even be complementary if Processwire is used as a headless CMS.

I started a new thread, so the discussion can go on without getting on and off topic all the time

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, matjazp said:

Yes and no. A large part of this module is not written by me, so I can't support any new features, I can only make it work as a Processwire module. That's why I didn't publish it in the module directory. It's also a powerful tool with the potential of wiping your site if it lands in the wrong hands, so I didn't want too much publicity. I don't work with PW so much anymore, and I'm becoming a bit rusty and can't afford to maintain too many modules. Nevertheless, I will do what I can to help if problems arise.

Don't be worry. I just created my own ProcessFileManager:
https://github.com/techcnet/ProcessFileManager

• Like 1

Hello @tcnet

Hate to bring the bad news, but it seems like your module is missing an ending curly bracket and is causing an error:

[2021-03-27 17-34-18] ParseError: Unclosed '{' on line 2005 in /home/../site/modules/ProcessFileManager-master/filemanager.php:2019

I had to modify filemanager.php to properly terminate the function fm_show_footer()

Spoiler

/**
   * Show page footer
   */
  function fm_show_footer() {
?>
</div>
<script>
function newfolder(p){var n=prompt('New folder name','folder');if(n!==null&&n!==''){window.location.search='p='+encodeURIComponent(p)+'&newfolder='+encodeURIComponent(n);}}
function newfile(p){var n=prompt('New file name','file');if(n!==null&&n!==''){window.location.search='p='+encodeURIComponent(p)+'&newfile='+encodeURIComponent(n);}}
function rename(p,f){var n=prompt('New name',f);if(n!==null&&n!==''&&n!=f){window.location.search='p='+encodeURIComponent(p)+'&ren='+encodeURIComponent(f)+'&to='+encodeURIComponent(n);}}
function change_checkboxes(l,v){for(var i=l.length-1;i>=0;i--){l[i].checked=(typeof v==='boolean')?v:!l[i].checked;}}
function get_checkboxes(){var i=document.getElementsByName('file[]'),a=[];for(var j=i.length-1;j>=0;j--){if(i[j].type='checkbox'){a.push(i[j]);}}return a;}
function select_all(){var l=get_checkboxes();change_checkboxes(l,true);}
function unselect_all(){var l=get_checkboxes();change_checkboxes(l,false);}
function invert_all(){var l=get_checkboxes();change_checkboxes(l);}
function checkbox_toggle(){var l=get_checkboxes();l.push(this);change_checkboxes(l);}
</script>
<?php } ?>

Once I did that, the module was able to load correctly so that I can test it. For everyone who might have used the original version of the module, if your module is not opening correctly after an upgrade, make sure to uninstall any previous versions and proceed with a clean install. For me the newer version came as an upgrade, however it did not work correctly, so I uninstalled the version, applied the filemanager.php modification and Voila ?

7 hours ago, MilenKo said:

Hello @tcnet

Hate to bring the bad news, but it seems like your module is missing an ending curly bracket and is causing an error:

[2021-03-27 17-34-18] ParseError: Unclosed '{' on line 2005 in /home/../site/modules/ProcessFileManager-master/filemanager.php:2019

I had to modify filemanager.php to properly terminate the function fm_show_footer()

Reveal hidden contents

/**
   * Show page footer
   */
  function fm_show_footer() {
?>
</div>
<script>
function newfolder(p){var n=prompt('New folder name','folder');if(n!==null&&n!==''){window.location.search='p='+encodeURIComponent(p)+'&newfolder='+encodeURIComponent(n);}}
function newfile(p){var n=prompt('New file name','file');if(n!==null&&n!==''){window.location.search='p='+encodeURIComponent(p)+'&newfile='+encodeURIComponent(n);}}
function rename(p,f){var n=prompt('New name',f);if(n!==null&&n!==''&&n!=f){window.location.search='p='+encodeURIComponent(p)+'&ren='+encodeURIComponent(f)+'&to='+encodeURIComponent(n);}}
function change_checkboxes(l,v){for(var i=l.length-1;i>=0;i--){l[i].checked=(typeof v==='boolean')?v:!l[i].checked;}}
function get_checkboxes(){var i=document.getElementsByName('file[]'),a=[];for(var j=i.length-1;j>=0;j--){if(i[j].type='checkbox'){a.push(i[j]);}}return a;}
function select_all(){var l=get_checkboxes();change_checkboxes(l,true);}
function unselect_all(){var l=get_checkboxes();change_checkboxes(l,false);}
function invert_all(){var l=get_checkboxes();change_checkboxes(l);}
function checkbox_toggle(){var l=get_checkboxes();l.push(this);change_checkboxes(l);}
</script>
<?php } ?>

Once I did that, the module was able to load correctly so that I can test it. For everyone who might have used the original version of the module, if your module is not opening correctly after an upgrade, make sure to uninstall any previous versions and proceed with a clean install. For me the newer version came as an upgrade, however it did not work correctly, so I uninstalled the version, applied the filemanager.php modification and Voila ?

I'll rewrite the filemanager.php soon. Please be patient.

3 minutes ago, MilenKo said:

Hello @tcnet

I've noticed also that the original module of @matjazp was working OK when opening files with Ace editor, however with your version, the ace editor did not open correctly, and I had just an overlapped field info with the PHP content in a small window.

I am full of patience and have full confidence that the module would be interesting to have for all DEVs who are just willing to develop or modify the code within PW admin. For sure, it won't be a good idea to let the end user having full control over such a powerful tool, however it would perfectly fit my development needs and help me avoid logging to cPanel to work on projects that are hosted on a real hosting and would otherwise require cPanel or FTP access for editing.

Would you please read this:

@MilenKo you should report this to the proper module support thread: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/25339-processfilemanager/