Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
how would I do a multi-language website search with just a selector?
I have many multi-lang fields and I want to do a search through all of them at once and through all of their language values.
Is there a "selector way" of doing this? Maybe something like `title|title:de|title:it`? It seems I have seen this somewhere a long time ago but can't find in any documentation or forum search...
Or the only way of doing it is by running separate searches for each language with output formatting off and then consolidating it all in one single results array?
Because I still want to give users a result, even if it is in another language than current $user. Visitors mostly will be searching for specific terms that are very similar in all languages, but might be not used in one language version of a single page, for example. Or the user might not have switched language tohis prefered and did the search first, etc.. (many use cases in my situation)
$pages->find('title~='.$q) - maybe different operator is needed? /en/search/?q=visit = 1 results /it/search/?q=visit = 0 results Thanks for any advice!
I am trying (wondering if even possible) to set a very different file folder path for my PW install. The path I want to set exist in the same server, but in another domain. Can the PW API see that far into file system? It is a shared hosting environment so no permission management options available.
Also can this be achieved through .htaccess redirection? If you request a file (images mostly, but translation json files are important too) from `domain-A.com/site/assets/files/` to grab them from `domain-B.com/site/assets/files/`? I would prefer to do this through PW API, I can see the function `$config->setPath()` but it didn't work when set in config.php like `$config->setPath("files", "/domains/domain-B/public_html/site/assets/files/")`.
Is there some other option to do this?
My ultimate goal is to have two PW installs on different domains but one is just a "mirror" that is using the same database as the other and should use the same files structure if editors upload any images to the main (domain-B.com) website. I could use domain parking function but it then needs a more expensive SSL certificate for two domains , which I am trying to avoid if possible 🙂 (I'd like to use single domain Let's Encrypt certificates, thus I need to PW installs).
Would appreciate any insight! Thanks!
In my search page, I used a selector like this :
$searchQuery = $sanitizer->entities($input->get('q')); $searchQuery = $sanitizer->selectorValue($searchQuery); $selector = 'title|subtitle|summary|html_body_noimg~=' . $searchQuery; $matches = $pages->find($selector); I don't have the same results if $searchQuery contains accent or not.
with « bâtiment » I have no result with « batiment » I have onea result : « Les bâtiments et les smart-city » Normally I should have the same results? How can I do that ?
Thanks for your help
Hello guys, I am building a sort of an archive. Relatively simple, although I have about 8000 records, each with 15 fields (text, int, images, url). I created a crude search system with a form (emulating the famous Skyscrapper example) to filter through the system. Everything works but it is quite slow... I have 2 questions which are related:
1. How can I search through the database?
2. What is a good practice to display many records like these?
1. I am retrieving the results with
$songs = $pages->findMany('template=nk-song'); Then I do a foreach to render them all. I am unsure if that is a good way. If I render all of them on the page, it creates thousands of divs with a bit of text, and this can take a while (10s-15s).
2. This one is even worse :D as every time I retrieve my desired records with something like this:
$page->find("field_to_search_through~=my_query_string") I get between 20 and 200, but when I render them I am creating iframes with YouTube videos and that can take up to 10s to finish. I "solved" it by only loading the iframes if they are in view with IntersectionObserver on the client-side. But I feel there is a more precise PHP / ProcessWire approach.
Just to clarify, I started doing all of this custom rendering and querying because tools like ElasticSearch or SearchEngine were a bit complicated and I needed a simple to retrieve information and then display it in my own way.