DxJR

Front-End Inputfield Dependencies

So is there anyway to get Inputfield Dependencies to work with front-end editing? the field is there, but it isn't showing the results I need based on the field selection it's dependent on. 

Inputfield Dependencies seem to work okay with front-end editing, but you need both fields to be present in the editor window...

Field 1: The field that has the dependency applied to it
Field 2: The field whose value Field 1 is dependent on

So you would need to use front-end editing option C or D with both fields specified:

<edit field="field_1,field_2">
</edit>
<div edit="field_1,field_2">
</div>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jploch
      Hey folks,
      Iam working on a module that extends InputfieldPageTable. I use PageTableExtended as a starting point and all went well so far, except I can't access my config values outside of the module file. The config values allways return the defaults, and not the values in the pw field settings. 

Here is the code that sets the defaults inside my inputfield module file:
      public function init() { parent::init(); // defaults $this->set('gridMaxWidth', '1600'); $this->set('gridColumns', '12'); } Here is how I add the config field:
      public function ___getConfigInputfields() { $inputfields = parent::___getConfigInputfields(); $fieldsetGrid = $this->modules->get('InputfieldFieldset'); $fieldsetGrid->label = $this->_('Default Grid Settings'); $f = $this->wire('modules')->get('InputfieldText'); $f->attr('name', 'gridMaxWidth'); $f->attr('value', $this->gridMaxWidth); $f->label = $this->_('Container max width'); $f->description = $this->_('Grid container max width in px'); // page name format description $f->notes = $this->_('default is 1600'); // page name format notes $fieldsetGrid->append($f); $inputfields->append($fieldsetGrid); return $inputfields; } Accessing the values outside my module files like this (this gives me the default: 1600, even if I insert another value in the backend field settings):
      $default = $this->wire('modules')->get('InputfieldPageGrid'); $default->gridMaxWidth; Any Ideas?
    • By louisstephens
      So I ran into a very strange issue today. I have a template with a pagetable and I went to add an item to it, when I went to select an image (for an image field) the page instantly threw up an error
      "ProcessPageSearchLive: No search specified"
      The page's content also switched to the image attached. This all worked perfectly last week (local mamp box). Has anyone experienced this before, and how did you solve it?

• By MoritzLost
      This module allows you to integrate hCaptcha bot / spam protection into ProcessWire forms. hCaptcha is a great alternative to Google ReCaptcha, especially if you are in the EU and need to comply with privacy regulations.

The development of this module is sponsored by schwarzdesign.
      The module is built as an Inputfield, allowing you to integrate it into any ProcessWire form you want. It's primarily intended for frontend forms and can be added to Form Builder forms for automatic spam protection. There's a step-by-step guide for adding the hCaptcha widget to Form Builder forms in the README, as well as instructions for API usage.
      Features
      Inputfield that displays an hCaptcha widget in ProcessWire forms. The inputfield verifies the hCaptcha response upon submission, and adds a field error if it is invalid. All hCaptcha configuration options for the widget (theme, display size etc) can be changed through the inputfield configuration, as well as programmatically. hCaptcha script options can be changed through a hook. Error messages can be translated through ProcessWire's site translations. hCaptcha secret keys and site-keys can be set for each individual inputfield or globally in your config.php. Error codes and failures are logged to help you find configuration errors. Please check the README for setup instructions.
      Links
      Github Repository and documentation InputfieldHCaptcha in the module directory Screenshots (configuration)

Screenshots (hCaptcha widget)

• By Pip
      Hi everyone, 
      Is there a way for us to replicate the "http://mydomain.com/processwire/page/edit/?id=xxx" and change the template to match my site template? 
      I'm terribly happy with the admin / backend page edit. It covers literaly everything I want to empower my non super admin user in updating pages such as validation, repeater management, file upload. 
      I wish not to allow the users to see the backend for both security and aesthetic reasons. 
      Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. 

• By Juergen
      Hello @ all,
      I have created an inputfield with a configuration field in the backend where you can set a time format for every language (see screenshot below).

As you can see both language values (default and German) have the default value(%R), but I have set different values, which were correctly stored in the DB (see screenshot below):

As you can see the values are '%R' and '%r'.
      I have created the configuration inputfield like this:
      /** @var InputfieldText $f */ $languages = $this->wire('languages'); $f = $this->wire('modules')->get('InputfieldText'); $f->attr('name+id', 'timeformat'); $f->label = $this->_('Timeformat on frontend'); $f->initValue = '%R';//default value $f->attr('value', $this->timeformat ? $this->timeformat : '%R'); $this->message($this->get('timesformat')); if($languages) { $f->useLanguages = true; foreach($languages as $language) { if($language->isDefault()) continue; $f->set("value$language", (string) $this->get("timeformat$language->id")); } } $f->inputType = 'text'; $f->description = $this->_('Please enter the time format that the times should appear on the frontend in strftime format.'); $f->notes = sprintf($this->_('For example shows the time as 08:00, as 08:00 AM. You can find more examples at %s.'), '<a href="https://www.php.net/manual/de/function.strftime.php">https://www.php.net/manual/de/function.strftime.php</a>'); $f->columnWidth = 100; The important part here is:
      if($languages) { $f->useLanguages = true; foreach($languages as $language) { if($language->isDefault()) continue; $f->set("value$language", (string) $this->get("timeformat$language->id")); } } I have borrowed the code from the DateTimeInputfield (https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/master/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldDatetime/InputfieldDatetime.module), but the field values will be always populated with the default value ('%R').
      Are I am missing something? Does anyone has experience with multilanguage fields and could help me out?
      Thanks in advance.