[SOLVED]Comments module doesn't send comment after submitting it

Batyr

Hi, I wanted to use Comments module in my project and stumbled upon a problem. Whenever I submit comment with a star rating, it redirects me to unknown page as 

#CommentForm

and my websites preloader is keep turning but nothing is actually happening. Can you please give me a hand on this. What should I do in order to fix this. On my template I added comments field, but submitted comments are not shown. Is there anyway to make comments work on my page?

Than you in advance :)

Снимок.PNG

10 minutes ago, Batyr said:

Is anybody there? :/

Yes. There's this thing called Christmas that keeps coming back every year, followed by, er, another holiday, and....;)

Jokes aside, let's debug this.

1. ProcessWire version?
  2. Any PHP errors (switch debug on + use Tracy debugger)
  3. Any JS errors?
  4. Does it only happen when you use star rating? I.e., if you do not star rate, does it work?
On 12/26/2017 at 3:12 PM, Batyr said:

it redirects me to unknown page as 

That looks like the parameter string attached to the URL when a comment is submitted. Is that what you are seeing? If not, what do you mean by unknown page? Does PW throw a 404? What's the URL of the unknown page?

On 12/26/2017 at 3:12 PM, Batyr said:

and my websites preloader is keep turning but nothing is actually happening. Can you please give me a hand on this. What should I do in order to fix this.

Is this still about the Comments Field? If not, what preloader is this? How do you add it to your template file/page? What should (un)trigger it?

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @kongondo Sorry for late congratulations, but it's better late than never, so Merry Christmas! :) I should have thought about it, damn those projects without holidays :D

I have figured it out, I didn't specify my email so It was using default email processwire@localhost, then when I have entered my own email it started to work! Thank you! and Merry Holidays! :)

• Like 2