Sign in to follow this  
spoetnik

Private groups with content

How would you handle this:

A site with private groups. Only members of these groups can see the content posted in these private groups.

1. Roles
  2. Permissions
  3. Users
  4. Login
  5. Each group with a parent page. Content posted are children of these parent pages
  6. Group parent pages with template-level access that cascade down to the child pages (posted content)
  7. Frontend editing?

These are the basics. Depending on the complexity (e.g. are there sub-groups; can a member belong to more than one group, who is posting the group content, etc), your mileage may vary...

Just my 2p.

• Like 1

I was thinking about a page reference from the user's profile to a group-page, and restrict access by restricting all content by filtering on this reference in all selectors...

Would that work?

6 hours ago, spoetnik said:

I was thinking about a page reference from the user's profile to a group-page, and restrict access by restricting all content by filtering on this reference in all selectors...

Would that work?

It could work. However, using this approach, how do you prevent direct access to the content? I.e., if a non-group member guessed the URL to content that is not part of his/her group, they will be able to see that content, no? 

I am playing with the setup in a sandbox.

Do I understand it right?

For each private group, I create Role, and a Template.

Then on the Temaplte of the Parentpage I set Role permissions, so only people in that Role (Group) can view and create Children?

So Group -> Role -> Template Access?