rolspace.net

Hi Guys,

Just finished a website locally and wanted to upload it on the webserver of my customer. I got a server 500 error. Now, the guidelines of the hoster (world4you.com) does not allow "Options" in the htaccess-file. So, when I uncomment these:

Options -Indexes
Options +FollowSymLinks

the site is visible, but the content won't show and no links are available. Not sure if I need the Symlinks-part but I guess I need a workaround for the Index-part. Can anybody help here? I need the website up and running asap....

Thanks!

Roli

I think you'd be safe to comment all that section out.

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# 1. Don't show directory indexes, but do follow symbolic links 
# 500 NOTE: Some cloud hosting companies don't allow +FollowSymLinks. 
# Uncomment +SymLinksifOwnerMatch and comment +FollowSymLinks if you have 500 errors. 
# If that doesn't resolve the error, then set it back to +FollowSymLinks. 
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Options -Indexes
# Options +FollowSymLinks
# Options +SymLinksifOwnerMatch

Worst that can happen? Still doesn't work.

31 minutes ago, DaveP said:

I think you'd be safe to comment all that section out.

# 1. Don't show directory indexes, but do follow symbolic links 
# 500 NOTE: Some cloud hosting companies don't allow +FollowSymLinks. 
# Uncomment +SymLinksifOwnerMatch and comment +FollowSymLinks if you have 500 errors. 
# If that doesn't resolve the error, then set it back to +FollowSymLinks. 

# Options -Indexes
# Options +FollowSymLinks
# Options +SymLinksifOwnerMatch

Worst that can happen? Still doesn't work.

it doesn‘t work. i think i need an alternative code for ‚options -indexes‘ but without the ‚options‘...

• Sad 1

What a stupid host... Well, in that case just remove those lines instead of commenting them out (perhaps make a backup copy for yourself first, in case you decide to switch to another hosting company sometime...)

• Like 2

Do you know if the client is using the DomainServer Basic package. The FAQ pages say that htaccess files aren't even allowed for sites hosted on that service.

You can use .htaccess files in conjunction with error pages, directory protection and mod_rewrite.
.htaccess files cannot be used with the Domainserver Basic package.

It might be worth emailing the support folks at the host and asking the question direct to them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, netcarver said:

Do you know if the client is using the DomainServer Basic package. The FAQ pages say that htaccess files aren't even allowed for sites hosted on that service.

It might be worth emailing the support folks at the host and asking the question direct to them.

@netcarver yea, I saw that, but it's not that package. I had contact with their support and they just said "it's not allowed to use options".....

• Sad 1

• 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By theExo
      Hey folks,
      im pretty new to Processwire. A client of mine asked me to migrate his old (v2.5) Processwire Website. On his server its running on PHP 5.3 and i want to upgrade + migrate the site at the same time. I Downloaded the Site from his server to set it up locally, replaced the /wire directory, index.php and .htaccess with the files of the latest version. After that i changed the DB Connection details in the config.php, swapped to PHP 7.4 and now, when i open up the site on my localhost i get this error:
      compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/head.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/header.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/start_content.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/footer.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> The page itself doesnt load, just a white space with this stuff on it
      I checked if the files exist, they do.
      I hope anyone can help me with that 🙂 Thanks in advance!
    • By OrinTerry
      Hello everyone. I am running a small technology blog, which is in WordPress. The main problem with my blog is that it does not open on any Windows 7 computer normally. I know Windows 7 has lost official support from Microsoft but still, there are plenty of users who still use Windows 7. The blog site is already 'HTTPS' protected but after opening in any browser, it shows 'not protected' next to the URL box. So, if I migrate all the site data to 'ProcessWare', will I get the same problem here too? Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Marvin
      Hello, excuse me
      I'm new at processwire, i want to ask about a master detail system (Inheritance system) using a processwire. Can we create a Inheritance table using a processwire, and how we create it? Thank you for the help
    • By wwwouter
      Some context: I want to use PHP variables in my CSS (more info below) and found a solution on CSS-tricks that looks fairly elegant and somewhat solid to me. It's pretty simple, I created a file style.css.php inside the site/templates/ directory and load that in my page head. In style.css.php is the following:
      <?php header("Content-type: text/css; charset: UTF-8"); header("Charset:utf-8"); if ($homepage->hero_image) { echo <<<CSS .hero { background: url($homepage->hero_image->url) no-repeat; } CSS; } ?> Because of the following RewriteCond (line 373) in the htaccess file the server sends a 403 error back when the file is requested:
      # Block access to any PHP or markup files in /site/templates/ or /site-*/templates/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/templates($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))($|/) [NC,OR] (My htaccess file is @version 3.0 and @htaccessVersion 301)
      This is how I thought I could fix that (based on these answers on stack overflow) but it does not work:
      # Block access to any PHP or markup files in /site/templates/ or /site-*/templates/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/templates($|/|/((?!style\.css).)*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))($|/) [NC,OR] I tested the rule with htacess tester and htaccess check and both worked for me, but on my site I still get a 403 instead of the file.
      I'm working on localhost, using MAMP (not sure if that's relevant).
      A bit more about what I want to do achieve specifically:
      I want to use an image as a background-image for an element, not place it as an image. This image is provided by the user via a field and can therefore change.
      I know I can achieve this like this:
      echo "<section class='hero' style='background-image: url($page->hero_image->url)'></section>"; But I would prefer a method other than inlining because of scalability and cleanliness. (I admit the extra link in the page head is not ideal either)

P.s. this is my first post here, I hope it's submitted in the right forum and my explanation is clear.
    • By pideluxe
      From the recent discussion about the roadmap & wishlist for 2021 and some other posts by @ryan, it comes to my mind that developing and coordinating the whole project for one person is becoming harder and harder and leads nearly to the reverse of expanding the ProcessWire ecoysystem. This is not against Ryan, i think everyone here knows how engaged he is about ProcessWire, but he has only 24/7 (sometimes i think he's got far more than that...). 
      We as the community could support the project (financially) to relieve Ryan and could take over some tasks from him. This could be, but is not limited, to:
      Building a Foundation/Association/Company to ensure the persistence of the project and to fund the work put in ProcessWire of Ryan (and others). Nearly every other CMSs i checked has something like this (Drupal Association, Typo3 Association, Joomla Foundation, Wordpress Foundation, Contao Association, ...). This also puts more trust in the project, if someone new will check on his engagement in ProcessWire. Assigning persons/teams to work on things: Extending the core (when necessary) Developing and maintaining major modules (e.g. page builder, admin themes, internationalization, marketing, ecommerce system, ...) Testing and inspection of modules developed by others Making translations of modules (translation of the core is mostly covered, i think) Working on PRs & issues submitted on github Working on the homepage Coordinating the community efforts I know, some resorts are already covered by others (e.g. @Pete for the forum, @horst for images, ... ), but there are many other areas where this ist not the case. By joined efforts by the ProcessWire community this hopefully will also attract new developers to the system and by a growing number of users this assists in the things above in a circular process. What do you think?