"Add new" menu item missing from Pages dropdown menu

desbest

Hello

The "Add new" menu item missing from Pages dropdown menu, but on the Pages admin page, on the right hand side where it says Add New, there are types of pages I can add.

Why would the Add new options appear in one place and not the other?

I am using Processwire 3.0.62

5a314e6a746a7_addnewmenu.thumb.gif.e74d5f52f13602102b68b0332ea229d6.gif

3.0.62:

The Add New button located on the far right at the top of the interface is for dealing with bookmarks, not pages.

The Add Page in the screencast you post is for adding admin pages, not bookmarks.

The New option displayed next to the Home entry in the page tree is for adding new pages, not bookmarks.

I had the same question a while back. It's not very intuitive.

edit. The Page submenu does display Add New to create a new page.

I wrote a tutorial about this as I was involved in a thread here regarding the 'Add New' button.

The tutorial is here and thread was:

Maybe these will shed a bit more light.

6 minutes ago, rick said:

The Add New button located on the far right at the top of the interface is for dealing with bookmarks, not pages.

You can use this to add new pages via the template family settings :) (see links above)

There was some confusion as to what I asked and what some of you thought I asked.

I was asking how to add the "Add new" menu items that should appear underneath "Tree" under "Pages. I was not asking how to add a template to the "Add new" menu located on the Processwire admin panel "Pages" page.

However I restarted my computer and the problem is now solved. It must have been something to do with sessions or cookies or something. Well it definitely wasn't the cache.

• Like 1