JSON POST woes

dragan

I'm puzzled by something I thought would be rather easy:

I want to send a request to a PW page. It's POST, and I define a header, and send data as JSON.

I need to send data in the following format:

$ POST https://mysite.com/foo/bar/ {"headers": {"Authorization": "Bearer API_KEY", "Content-Type": "application/json"}, "body": {"fields": {"Name": "<get name>", "Department": "<get team>", "Home Address": "<get address>", "Phone #": "<get phone>", "Personal Email Address": "<get email>", "Birthday": "<get birthday>", "Date Added": "<call>currentDate</call>" }}}

This is supposed to be sent via a Chatbot engine (Dexter).

In the PW page that should handle this, $_POST is always empty, as is $_REQUEST. Same for PW's $input or if ($config->ajax) {}.

I get the header, but no data.

So I dug deeper, and tried this:
@ini_set("allow_url_fopen", true);
@ini_set("always_populate_raw_post_data", true);

$data = json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'), true);
$d    = print_r($data, true); // I store this, along with the header infos and timestamp in a PW page-field (instead of using file_put_content)

I checked page permissions, I made sure I use pagename/, i.e. with trailing slash only, to avoid stripping the header away due to redirects (which somebody in an older forum thread once highly suggested).

I tried to send the same stuff that the chatbot does via CURL. Nothing. PW error logs don't report anything (site is still in dev-mode).

PW 3.0.81 - everything else runs just fine.

Any ideas what I should change? Any more PHP/Apache settings maybe?

Help is highly appreciated.

The Authorization Header is eaten up by Apache in some configurations,
for avoiding that is recommended that you send another header like

X-Auth-Token

with the same info

"Authorization": "Bearer API_KEY"
"X-Auth-Token": "Bearer API_KEY"

Then you just check if the auth is empty then fetch the other header as a fallback.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By ngrmm
      I would like to create pages from a json feed.
      So i decode my json and create them via API.
      $jsonData = json_decode($jsonFromOtherWebsite); foreach($jsonData as $jsonDataItem) { $pageTitle = $jsonDataItem->name; $p = new Page(); $p->template = 'import_page'; $p->parent = $pages->get(xxxx); $p->title = $pageTitle; $p->save(); } Let's say the source (json) changes and i have to do another import.
      Then I want to compare the new json with the existing pages to see if there are new ones and if there some aren't there anymore.

Is there a way to compare the new JsonData with my existing pw-pages with the API.
      Something like
      foreach($jsonData as $jsonDataItem) { // check if a page with this title exist if($pages->find("template=import_page, title=$jsonDataItem->name") { // update existing field values $getExistingPage = $pages->find("template=import_page, title=$jsonDataItem->name"); // update value $getExistingPage->setAndSave('field', $jsonDataItem->x); } else { // create new page $pageTitle = $jsonDataItem->name; $p = new Page(); $p->template = 'import_page'; $p->parent = $pages->get(xxxx); $p->title = $pageTitle; $p->save(); } } // search for pages wich are not anymore in the json and hide/delete them // …  
    • By Joachim
      Long time user and huge fan of PW, but this time I can't find an answer to my question this time:
      For my social media buttons, I have a Repeater field called var_link_web with two fields: one is for the URL, and the other is an Images field containing two images that are used as a background-image for a <div>, of which the second is the ':hover' version (although activated through JavaScript here). 
      There are four instances of this Repeater, of which two are 'turned off'.
      I use the following PHP in my _main.php to call them, wrapped in <p><?php == ?></p>:
      $s_m_button = $variables->var_link_web; foreach($s_m_button as $button){ $button_image = $button->var_link_image->first->height(80); $button_image2 = $button->var_link_image->eq(1)->height(80); echo " <a href='$button->var_link_url'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url({$button_image->url})' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage=url({$button_image2->url})' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage=url({$button_image->url})'> </div> </a>"; }; ($variables leads to an unpublished page with several fields I want to have easy access to, and is defined in _init.php.)
      However, this gives me the following result:

I have no idea where the extra <p>'s come from. The URL field has the 'HTML Entity Encoder' turned on. What's even weirder is that the HTML source file seemingly renders correctly:
      <p> <a href='https://www.facebook.com/'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square.0x80.png)' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square2.0x80.png)"' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1045/icons-facebook-square.0x80.png)"'> </div> </a> <a href='https://www.instagram.com/'> <div class='image_link' style='background-image:url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square.0x80.png)' onMouseOver='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square2.0x80.png)"' onMouseOut='this.style.backgroundImage="url(/site/assets/files/1046/icons-instagram-square.0x80.png)"'> </div> </a> </p> Removing the JavaScript has no effect. I'm probably missing something obvious, but am at a loss here.

Thank you in advance!
    • By Marvin
      Hello, excuse me
      I'm new at processwire, i want to ask about a master detail system (Inheritance system) using a processwire. Can we create a Inheritance table using a processwire, and how we create it? Thank you for the help
    • By Marvin
      Hi,
      I'm still new at processwire, i want to ask, i was create a website with sign in system, but i want to add a access roles/permission for each user at my website. For now, i just can create a login user without any permission and the user data became as a pages in my processwire.
      Here i attach my code for login
      <?php $note = $note2 = $hidden =""; if($input->get->id == "logout") { $session->remove('login_id'); } if($input->post->submit) { $email = $sanitizer->email($input->post->email); $pass = $sanitizer->text($input->post->pass); $result = $pages->find("email=$email, text_1=$pass"); if(!$email || !$pass) { $note = "Data belum lengkap"; } else { if($result->count > 0) { $session->login_id = "$result"; $hidden = "style = 'diplay:none'"; $url=$pages->get("/files/")->httpUrl; header("Location:$url"); die(); } else { $note = "Akun tidak ditemukan"; } } } ?> And this code for login form
      <div class="frow-container"> <div class="frow centered mt-50"> <div class="col-md-1-3"> <div class="box p-40 shadow-light"> <h2 class="mb-20 text-center" <?=$hidden?>>Database Partitur<br>GII HIT</h2> <form method="post" <?=$hidden?>> <label>Username <input type="text" name="email"></label> <label>Password <input type="password" name="pass"></label> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Masuk"> </form> <p class="notif"><?=$note;?></p> <div class="text-center"><?=$note2;?></div> </div> </div> </div> </div> Just for remember, my user data now is a pages, and i cannot give any permission to user data.
      Thank you very much for help.
    • By jploch
      Hey folks,
      for a module (a pagebuilder based on PageTable) I need to save some settings as JSON. The values are saved for each page table item (a pw page). It's working well, but I am looking for ways to improve the structure I have. As I'm not that experienced with JSON, maybe someone more experienced can take a look and tell me if my approach is good practice. 

My goal is to make all the items accessible by page id, without looping over them (using objects instead of arrays):
      // access from template with pw page var $jsonObject->items->{$page}->cssClass; Her is an example of my JSON structure:
      { "items": { "3252": { "id": "3252", "cssClass": "pgrid-main", "breakpoints": { "base": { "css": { "grid-column-end": "auto", "grid-row-end": "auto", "grid-column-start": "auto", "grid-row-start": "auto", "align-self": "auto", "z-index": "auto", "padding-left": "60px", "padding-right": "60px", "padding-top": "60px", "padding-bottom": "60px", "background-color": "rgb(255, 255, 255)", "color": "rgb(0, 0, 0)" }, "size": "@media (min-width: 576px)", "name": "base" } } }, "3686": { "id": "3686", "cssClass": "test_global", "breakpoints": { "base": { "css": { "grid-column-end": "-1", "grid-row-end": "span 1", "grid-column-start": "1", "grid-row-start": "auto", "align-self": "auto", "z-index": "auto", "padding-left": "0px", "padding-right": "0px", "padding-top": "0px", "padding-bottom": "0px", "background-color": "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)", "color": "rgb(0, 0, 0)" }, "size": "@media (min-width: 576px)", "name": "base" } } }, "3687": { "id": "3687", "cssClass": "block_editor-3687", "breakpoints": { "base": { "css": { "grid-column-end": "span 2", "grid-row-end": "span 1", "grid-column-start": "auto", "grid-row-start": "auto", "align-self": "auto", "z-index": "auto", "padding-left": "0px", "padding-right": "0px", "padding-top": "0px", "padding-bottom": "0px", "background-color": "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)", "color": "rgb(0, 0, 0)" }, "size": "@media (min-width: 576px)", "name": "base" } } }, "3696": { "id": "3696", "cssClass": "block_editor-3696", "breakpoints": { "base": { "css": { "grid-column-end": "span 2", "grid-row-end": "span 1", "grid-column-start": "auto", "grid-row-start": "auto", "align-self": "auto", "z-index": "auto", "padding-left": "0px", "padding-right": "0px", "padding-top": "0px", "padding-bottom": "0px", "background-color": "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)", "color": "rgb(0, 0, 0)" }, "size": "@media (min-width: 576px)", "name": "base" } } } }, "breakpointActive": "base", "breakpointActiveSize": "@media (min-width: 576px)" }